Mug Cakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doughnut

Veteran

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Had a look at the links and showed my wife - guess what she's planning on making at the weekend :becool:

Plus some of the recipes are egg-free which means I can partake too! :wahhey:

Thanks @doughnut !

Hmm...

You could easily swap the jam for marmalade or golden syrup. A splash of vanilla extract wouldn't go amiss either.

The only thing that's an issue is it doesn't give the wattage of the microwave - 4 mins in a 700W oven will give a very different result to 4 mins in a 900W one...

Milkfloat

An Peanut
As a Scout leader who had to remotely keep two troops going through the lockdowns I can report that mug cakes go down a storm. However, be really careful which receipts you go for, some involve 4 tablespoons of sugar in a single mug, as they say,
’a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips’.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As a Scout leader who had to remotely keep two troops going through the lockdowns I can report that mug cakes go down a storm. However, be really careful which receipts you go for, some involve 4 tablespoons of sugar in a single mug, as they say,
’a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips’.
My daughter learned this via Guides.
She still sometimes cooks them after school as a treat.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
My daughter also makes these regularly... but how dow you get them out- hers always stick well!

I just trued the blueberry crumble. My substitution of cornflour for plain flour was always going to be problematic.
Crumble reconstructed:

Top Bottom