1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi tool

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by yorkshiregoth, 3 Nov 2007.

1. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

I vaguely remember someone after some metal tyre levers a while back.
    Anyway Muji have a bike tool kit in stock which has a pair of levers included as well (which aren't pictured) as the usual allen keys, puncture kits etc. Quality seems ok and it's only a fiver.

http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1&Sec=7&Sub=35&PID=1941

2. simoncc

simoncc New Member

A good way to get some metal tyre levers is to go to a pound shop. They often sell puncture outfits complete with a low quality spanner and a couple of decent metal tyre levers for the aforementioned pound. They often sell a set of allen keys for £1 as well. A couple of allen keys, a tube of glue, a couple of patches, a spare tube and a couple of tyre levers is all I carry even on long rides. No need for a multitool.

3. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

cheap metal tools?

not what I'd want to cut corners on if I'm straining to shift a bolt/nut/screw that's been solid for years

at the side of the road

in the pouring rain

it's not like half decent ones cost that much and what you buy should last you for yonks

4. simoncc

simoncc New Member

Tynan, we're on about tyre levers here. Cheap ones from the pound shop do the job.

5. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I got the impression we mentioned allen keys and multi tools too

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

you surely also carry a pump, otherwise the above would be pointless...

7. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

fwiw I wouldn't recommend metal tyre levers, they scratch rims and can cause punctures.

8. Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels Guru

These levers are very good - I've never used metal levers and I don't see the need for them really.

Rick

9. col

col Veteran

These are very similar to mine,no problems with the last punct@@@.Or my sons last week either.