Multitasking commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

On each of the past three days, I have passed a cyclist who has been reading whilst cycling along a canal towpath. It's really quite impressive - steering with one hand, holding the book in the other and, seemingly, not paying any attention to what's in front of her.

The only thing I could fault her for is her choice of reading material - Harry Potter.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Amazed she didn't end up in the canal, I'm impressed.

Tynan

Veteran
doesn't sound safe does it

saw a chap with proper big headphones on today and that didn't look safe eaither

PrettyboyTim

Cripes!

I used to read as I walked to work, and I'd still sometimes almost walk into trees and lampposts; can't imagine doing it while cycling!

Having said that, I do miss being able to spend my commute into work reading - I had thought about looking into finding some text-to-speech software for my PDAPhone and have that read to me as I cycle in. It would be a bit weird though as I'd want to have it on speaker rather than headphones, and there tends to be a lot of other commuters on my route...

Keith Oates

Janner
And some say listening to music (including me) is dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frog

Once saw a woman driving down the M4 reading a book propped up on the steering wheel. Only doing 80 ish so it was reasonably safe

Tetedelacourse

ha ha! What a fanny. Either give her a dunt into the canal or knock the book that way. Then a barely audible "that'll teach you" to finish the move as you cycle off.

Yesterday I saw a chap on a roadie holding his handlebars with one hand and holding two 6 ft planks of wood with his other (over his shoulder) on a very busy stretch of road. Very safe I am sure:eek:.

Before you ask I was driving the car at the time, so no helmet camera footage :rolleyes:

Top Bottom