multitool advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For a present as I use separate tools.Do I go for the one with the 8 mm hex or not? I cannot remember when I last used a 8mm one.
Thanx

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I can't think what uses 8mm hex - I think centre/prop stands use something even bigger like 10 or 11, but if that started coming loose out on the road, it wouldn't be a big loss to remove it and bag it.

I'd prioritise a versatile chain tool over 8mm hex.

lazyfatgit

8mm on some pedals. Make sure you have a 2.5mm allen if required. Some don't as i found out after a mishap. Chain breaker comes in handy once in a while too and T25 seems to be cropping up on stems and disc brakes now.

OP
OP
Ed no-more-lemons
Great to get every ones input.

The choice is between the Birzman e15 and the Halfords 15 function offering and the only difference is the lack of the 8mm Allen thingy and the Mavic spoke nipple slot.

Decisions, decisions.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Lezyne or Crank Bros.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Is the right answer. My multitool goes upto 8, by plugging bits of it into other bits. Adamski, from The Other Place, was ever so pleased it did once, just as an FNRTTC was about to start.
Yes, the No 8 is usually a separate piece that fits onto the No 6 key. I once tried to buy one, searched the web high and low, assuming that it would be easy. Somebody must make and sell them somewhere, but I couldn't find one. Does anyone know where you can buy just the No 8 attachment?

Top Bottom