Mummy Cathryn's flapjacks a la Longers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OK yesterday, as my wheel was buckled and I was jangling around, I made some more of Cathryn's Mum's recipe...
First, find the recipe elsewhere on this forum:smile:
hwj1xl.jpg

get your oats
34xj4w6.jpg

sort out 'additions' - in this case it is Longers'ssss :smile: coconut and glace cherry
50s46f.jpg

melt the sticky, buttery stuff in the microwave
105730j.jpg

mix the lot together, tip into a greasproof lined baking tray and pat down firmly. (Flapping Jack in the background keeping guard...)
9i8bc6.jpg

out of the oven after 20 mins - ready for burnishing with the back of a spoon
2j2uumq.jpg

left to cool, lifted from tin and then cut
102mknl.jpg

plan view of CC presentation
1zouwyo.jpg

Cathryn's Mum and Longers are in there in spirit!
The End. Man they are nice...:eek:

and all i got was some manky end of some bread you made:biggrin: AND NO BLEEDIN JAM !!!!!! SHOCKING BEHAVIOUR;) think i can manage the 45 minute journey to Heathrow !!! be around at 8pm !

mmmmm delicious, excellent effort.

Did you cook the smiley face out? Any chance of putting one in the post.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Excellence!

One thing to try - make the mixture using 1/2 as much again (i.e. 300g oats etc). Then spread half on the baking tray. Spread jam over that, then spread the rest of the mixture over that, and bake as normal. This is v. tasty...

It was going well until I tried to bung it in the oven Kirstie... :blush:

This week - Blueberry, pinenut with a 'toss' of salted peanuts. Tried adding self raising instead of plain flour ;) seems to make for a softer 'bite'. That may just be the fluke of timing though. More testing needed!

2akiq7d.jpg

and some cycling scones:smile: - as the self raising flour was out and about...

r7iy49.jpg

And a swift batch of Delia's quick and easy wholemeal bread...in honour of Norwich stuffing QPR on Saturday :biggrin: (morning gezza :biggrin: )

2ir9ehd.jpg

Enjoy fair weather all!

That looks good JtM - I can recommend fresh blueberries as adding a je ne sais quoi fruity juxtaposition to the piquancy of of the cocktail nuts, slightly seasoned with sel de mer, nestling alongside the healthy aspect of trimmed pine nuts and best West Indian sugar combined with that Canadian staple, syrup of maple...

Utter tosh - please ignore. Brain is numb from 'work'.

The other thing I forgot to do was go for fresh ginger - that's a really dynamic adddition from yello's recipe book

Top Bottom