Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
So Capillary Technologies have your bank account details. I'd wonder whether they are harvesting account details and selling them on.

Had a quick look. Indian based company M+S is one of their clients.

Mystery bank deposit solved and it's nothing sinister. It turns out that Capillary Technologies have taken over as the operator of the 'Boosts' cashback incentive that my bank runs. It's just that I've not used it for months due to it being difficult to use, the returns being pitiful and took so long to pay out - that the £1.04 deposited this morning is the total from 3 different 'pending' payments I'd forgotten about from Augus & September last year is proof of that.

Last edited:
I broke my Bailey's glass at the weekend, so I went wild and spent 1€ on a Jack Daniels "Old No.7" glass to replace it at work today.

I don't drink alcohol, but I don't think it's fair that alcoholic drinks glasses look nicer than water tumblers.

MikeG

Guru
Mundane? You want mundane? What could be more mundane than a pair of doors:

OI0805b.jpg

tom73

Guru
I'm bushed it's been a full on sort of day with it being Mrs 73's birthday weekend. i've been playing catch up on house work , 2 loads of washing, what with dog walking and 2 trips to town.My Apple watch tells be i've down just over 17 miles walking round today.
I've had a message left on voice mail from the vets about Charlies ultrasound tomorrow. Which is not making much sense will see what Mrs 73 makes of it as she booked him in. She's also taking him in as i'm at work tomorrow.

classic33

Leg End Member
Don't really need the audio, just need to nail her messing around with a pen that doesn't belong to either of her cats. Or not, as the case may be. She's known for spreading malicious gossip and generally pissing people off, so there's also the chance that others are simply trying to get their own back.

It most definitely can be. This particular exhibitor is obsessed with winning. Trouble is, she doesn't do terribly well under judges who really know their onions when it comes to household pets. Her cats are really visually appealing, they are in fabulous condition and impeccably presented BUT they simply don't have the temperament. One likes to shred judges and stewards, and the other is just very shy and shoots straight back into the pen as soon as you've got it out. All things being equal in terms of presentation and condition, they are always going to be beaten by cats with more amenable personalities.
Might pick up something that you can't hear, but the cats can.

MikeG

Guru
Handmade?

Yes. Everything, including all the mortices chopped out by hand:

X5NU4y0.jpg

zr3nRT6.jpg

Mike_P

Guru
Office day so up early and even then the office car park was down to a handful of spaces. Looks like the wind is supposed to blow itself out by the weekend to a large extent so maybe use of the car will decrease. The car also went to Sainsbury's via Lidl this evening, a good choice ignoring the wind as there was one heavy shower on the return.

postman

Legendary Member
It is a mystery i have been feeling shoot all day.i actually spent most of the day in the sunny conservatory.Cos it was really warm.Had an upset stomach most of the day,i thought one of the boiled eggs was off this morning.Tea was lamb henry roasties carrots and brocolli.It took some getting down.I drank a full glass of water with dinner,within an hour or so all the zest has come back sickness has gone,i cannot work it out.

Top Bottom