Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Given I've just driven from West Yorkshire to the Vale of Belvoir to drop off an 'emergency' TT wheel for son no. 2 as he's got a punctured tub I can confirm it's wet and floody out there. Those racing the British Universities national 10-mile Time Trial today that's nearby are going to get soggy.

The Honda CR-V has been particularly useful with big tyres.

Now it's a short dash to Lincoln so we can finish son no. 1's move to his own place; curtain poles, curtains to buy and the construction of an outdoor egg chair. Which I think we'll do inside.

Mike_P

Guru
💦 Completed the interlocked five sudoku, samurai sudoku, last night in yesterdays Times for the first time. Went really wrong twice but both were easily corrected; the bottom rows of the top right one and the centre rows of the centre one.
IMG_20240428_084613.jpg

Yesterday while out in the garden, I thought I heard a neighbour's lawn mower that sounded like a swarm of angry bees.

Turned out I was mistaken. It was a swarm of bees!

Apparently the bees do not get angry, they are just looking for a new home, if their old home is over-crowded.

A swarm settled in my daughter's front garden last night. A bee keeper came and collected them . He was going to pay my daughter for them but she was glad that he had taken them .

tom73

Guru
It's starting to look brighter still slight rain but nothing like before. Think I will go to the local Tesco via the long way I need some fresh air.
Depending on how it go's I may walk to town later.

Mike_P

Guru
Rain probably dying out. Car to Sainsbury's then Asda. The available small trolleys at Sainsbury's were all belted together, which foxed me on how to release it. Tried pushing the end trolley forward but the belt stayed in tension. Found one beyond the entrance (well there were two but other was a complete rust bucket) and then discovered someone had succeeded in releasing the belt. Had no mackerel so salmon to fry tomorrow bought while Asda had no chocolate pudding. Maybe a Sticky Toffee pudding will go with the Salmon, certainly prefer a chocolate one after mackerel.

Top Bottom