Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
A strange and stressful day.

Dad was supposed to get home today but had took some sort of vomiting and diarrhoea thing which he had managed to hide from the nurses. My sister and mother went to pick him up and told them about it and the doctor kept him for observation.

So now he has had a huge row with my sister for shopping him to the nurses and has got it into his head my mum doesn't want him him at home.

I think it was really an anxiety attack but he had me very worried and I called the nurses. He was all right once he calmed down and they seemed satisfied with oxygen levels, BP, etc, but I've been sitting with him from 6 until about 15 minutes ago but he just turned his back to me. My mother had been trying to phone him but seemingly he has turned his phone off.

I've stopped off while walking home for a pint and try to relax.

I think they did the right thing in telling the medics about the vomiting thing but he just sees it as nobody wants him at home.

classic33

Leg End Member
A strange and stressful day.

Dad was supposed to get home today but had took some sort of vomiting and diarrhoea thing which he had managed to hide from the nurses. My sister and mother went to pick him up and told them about it and the doctor kept him for observation.

So now he has had a huge row with my sister for shopping him to the nurses and has got it into his head my mum doesn't want him him at home.

I think it was really an anxiety attack but he had me very worried and I called the nurses. He was all right once he calmed down and they seemed satisfied with oxygen levels, BP, etc, but I've been sitting with him from 6 until about 15 minutes ago but he just turned his back to me. My mother had been trying to phone him but seemingly he has turned his phone off.

I've stopped off while walking home for a pint and try to relax.

I think they did the right thing in telling the medics about the vomiting thing but he just sees it as nobody wants him at home.
Easier say than do, but allow him some leeway. Hospitals aren't the nicest of places to be in, especially if you've built your hopes up on getting out that day. Then you find something you said to family stopping you getting out.

And don't be too hard on yourself!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A morning full of dental appointments and accompanying an elderly relative to a hospital appointment thought I would have this morning off work and go for a nice early am ride well the ride didn't happen as only just got out of bed.
First cuppa brewing

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Watery sunshine just now and looks like it will stay that way for a few days.
Need to go down to the Calmac office this morning to try for a day trip to Oban. Ferries are getting to be a bit of a nightmare nowadays.
They could have a longer day with one boat which has a double crew but berthing is a problem at this end. It transpires that the pier owners, Argyll & Bute council have allowed a small cruise ship to overnight here tho' there are alternatives. The council prefer to muck up our ferry service rather than the cruise ship which pays nothing for an overnight berth.

Top Bottom