Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Did anybody in the southeast get that extraordinary thunderstorm last night? Really long rumbling like a distant sustained artillery attack.

They seem to. Near me they've gone up on a main road and, despite still note being switched on after six months, the crazy speeders have slowed. It's on my commuting route so I appreciate that.

Except for the dimwits who cut two of them down and who were quickly identified: https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/police-dewsbury-make-two-arrests-28017867

my mother got a ticket in the mail, with a photo of her car, she was making a right turn, the photo clearly showed she had a green light. humans aren't even checking these things before sending tickets, or maybe they are, who knows. I appreciate the intent but we are living in an increasing police state & I'm super liberal & a cyclist

there are many roads in the NE US w/ very low speed limits like 40 or 50 where ppl routinely drive 70+. I'm so confused what to do, drive the speed limit while ppl pass me at twice the speed? & I never see any enforcement, as if everyone knows the real speed limit is 65

on some NY highways I see all kinds of devices, some are obviously cameras, others I have no idea what they. I guess it's good because it anyone commits a crime & we know their plate # or vehicle specs, it can be found, if it's on one of these highways

Last edited:
I wasn't going to stop there, but there's only so much time you can spend looking at departure boards on the concourse.

Anyhow, another good night listening to a band I only came across recently (Bar Italia) and it was well worth the day out. Now having a hot chocolate in the hotel room before a final 🍺 and then bed. With all the walking I've done today, I think I've earned it.
Each time I hear mention of the Euston Tap ( or visit it ) I get a strong word association with the Pogue's " Sick bed of Cuchulainn "

"And in the Euston tavern you screamed it was your shout
But they wouldn't give you service so you kicked the windows out
They took you out into the street and kicked you in the brains
So you walked back in through a bolted door and did it all again
At the sick bed of Cuchulainn we'll kneel and say a prayer
And the ghosts are rattling at the door and the devil's in the chair"

Mike_P

Guru
After last week's trial run just voted. Not especially busy and looking at the uncrossed through lists of voters not that many had voted. Still first Mayor election so no one to vote against for many. Too many of the candidates seem fixated on a particular issue so voted for one who seems to looking across the whole region. Sunny but still a noticeable wind.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Do you see your reflection in the bathroom mirror?

Reflection?

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I wasn't going to stop there, but there's only so much time you can spend looking at departure boards on the concourse.

Anyhow, another good night listening to a band I only came across recently (Bar Italia) and it was well worth the day out. Now having a hot chocolate in the hotel room before a final 🍺 and then bed. With all the walking I've done today, I think I've earned it.

I used to spend far too much time staring at those boards.

tom73

Guru
After last week's trial run just voted. Not especially busy and looking at the uncrossed through lists of voters not that many had voted. Still first Mayor election so no one to vote against for many. Too many of the candidates seem fixated on a particular issue so voted for one who seems to looking across the whole region. Sunny but still a noticeable wind.

Welcome to world of yet another clown to pour money down the drain bailing out. Equally bad pet projects of other clowns lower in food chain. Ours from today gets to play police so get's even more money to throw away.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Voted, using my British Cycling race licence as photo ID. That was a first for the ID checker apparently.

PXL_20240502_100503619.jpg

Top Bottom