Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

We've had an excellent day at the Black Country Museum.

20170826_130523.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Driven twice Oban to Aberdeen return so far and more to come. 400 miles return trip and deadly boring with massive roadworks near Aberdeen. Takes me about 5 hours each way with a break at Perth Tesco for toilets,coffee and petrol.Fiat Panda but surprisingly fast. Need to watch the mass of average speed cameras which have appeared recently. Family business trips following a recent bereavement. Premier Inn I stay at is being refurbished so no food choice and parking full of builders vans. Ain't life wonderful.

D

Deleted member 1258

Runs off to google Black Country Museum.

I have just walked round to the shop, and there are a fairly large number of drunk people about, it must be bank holiday.

Also have a look at the Dudley Canal Tunnels

https://www.bclm.co.uk/learning/dudley-canal-tunnel-and-limestone-mines/1468.htm

Seperate to the Black Country Museum but next door to each other, you walk out of one straight into the other, their cafe on the first floor aint bad, better than the hundred yard queue for fish and chips in the museum.

TVC

classic33

Leg End Member
That's a brilliant day out! Did you 'leg' the barge through the tunnel?
Would that be on the roof or sideways on the walls, whilst on a plank balancing the person on the other side?

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Driven twice Oban to Aberdeen return so far and more to come. 400 miles return trip and deadly boring with massive roadworks near Aberdeen. Takes me about 5 hours each way with a break at Perth Tesco for toilets,coffee and petrol.Fiat Panda but surprisingly fast. Need to watch the mass of average speed cameras which have appeared recently. Family business trips following a recent bereavement. Premier Inn I stay at is being refurbished so no food choice and parking full of builders vans. Ain't life wonderful.

Sorry for your loss. I had to look at your journey on Google maps because my geography is not good. Coast to coast, and quite a trek.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru

Sorry for your loss. I had to look at your journey on Google maps because my geography is not good. Coast to coast, and quite a trek.

Top Bottom