1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mundane News

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Katherine, 1 Nov 2016.

1. I am sure they took a cavalier attitude.

2. Salty seadog

Salty seadog Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

I work with a girl named Chelsea by her Chelsea loving father, not even trying to hide the shame.

3. 10 yards to the car, nearly 100 from car park to canteen :training:

4. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

Carrying your appetite the whole way.

hopless500 and dave r like this.
  5. My appetite doesn't wake up that early :tongue:

hopless500 likes this.
  6. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

I would like to ask a question about cameras. My Mother has sent me the Receipt/Insurance Valuation for the camera that I "inherited" from my Father. I was very surprised to see the value was £500 for the camera and two lens in 1971. :eek:

I am guessing that the average house in 1971 would be about £15,000, so £500 was a huge amount of money. I am also assuming that the camera would not be worth very much now. Am I right in thinking that its sentimental value to me, is far greater than any amount the camera would sell for? Currently my Mother's income with her pension, my father's pension, state pension etc gives her a comfortable lifestyle.

I would sell it and give the money to her if she needed it, and if the camera were worth a lot. Is there an easy way to find out?

7. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Oh yea!

8. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Like many such things... it depends! In 1971 it may have had value, today it could be naff-all or a lot.
    Like many old things values change over time depending on rarity, provenance, uniqueness at the time and zillions of other factors. I guess I would look on the interwebs for anything similar for sale OR go to a reputable S/h camera dealer. A local camera club (not CAMRA) may also have expertise (bit like old cycling weirdos).
    Try a google for the same Camera and see what comes-up.

9. Maverick Goose

Maverick Goose A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place

I've been Chrimbo shopping again today:sweat:-now I'm rewarding myself for good behaviour:angel::cheers:.

10. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

Office Christmas tree is up

11. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

The camera might have been inexpensive in 1971, but might have value now due to rarity or other factors, you need to find out what its worth today.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017
  12. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Veteran

Snow is falling and about to light the stove.

13. Threevok

Threevok Über Member

Snow forcast here - yippeeee

14. Falling snow lights your stove?

15. Snow flurries here at the moment.

mybike and Illaveago like this.