Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Too hot to do much in the way of things constructive. Did a load of laundry and strung up some new wires in order to train my grape vine. It's the third year I've had it, and it looks like I might actually have some grapes this year :hyper:

Had a most excellent lunch of smoked salmon and prawn sandwich and a salad on the side: cucumber, cherry toms, mixed leaves, balsamic pickled onions and pear.

Need to pop to the post box later, and might do a bit of fettling on my MTB, and if I'm not too knackered, will go for a spin on the roadie to loosen the legs a bit.

Oh, and saw Mark Williams in the buff on the news at lunchtime. Not sure I can unsee that now. :blink:

Meant to add, both girls were given a dose of Advantage (passenger prevention) this morning.

Yep, did my 'pride' a couple of days ago, they were getting a touch scratting. :angel:

The fact that they're shedding like the clappers doesn't help matters. :blush: I'm combing out handfuls at a time right now, am thinking of sending it all of to @hopless500 :laugh:

Like to do it in the morning on a warm sunny day as I can turf them outside for the spot-on to dry. I've learnt the hard way about a dose of spot on being spread over my bed and having an itchy cat for a fortnight before I can re-apply. :surrender:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Mundane news on a cycling forum but i rode my bike today, first time since September, not done 200 miles in a year from 7000+ a year the previous Six years.

Still feel like shoot but enjoyed it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Today I have ordered a Cobb Pro BBQ/Oven. We need smokeless where we live... and any bbq that can cook a full roast chicken dinner is OK by me!!
https://www.cobb-bbq.co.uk/How.aspx

For which @slowmotion recipe sounds a contender...

Aaaaand, a Cadac Safari Chef! A gas jobby!
https://www.leisureoutlet.com/campi...es/128354-cadac-safari-chef-2-pro-qr-barbeque

For when life is too short to light charcoal.

Both are for home, beach and motorhome usage.
Particularly looking forward to using the Cobb. When using our existing bbq yesterday one neighbour jokingly asked if the smoke signals had been recieved yet...

Last edited:
Top Bottom