1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mundane News

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Katherine, 1 Nov 2016.

1. Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded. Staff Member

I am in week 4 of it. I feel ok but I still have the cough and my voice still isn't back to normal.

It's not like any flu I have ever had before. Thankfully it headed to my chest so I got antibiotics for it.

hopless500 likes this.
  2. Rocky

Rocky A Scotsman abroad

I'm glad you are feeling better......I fear I'm a few weeks behind you. The throat and voice thing is really odd. I'm taking some pretty strong pain killers which seem to be helping but they keep making me fall asleep. I must admit that with that and the constant coughing, I'm not the best company. The Prof is being a saint looking after me at the moment.

3. To prevent eye strain.

Katherine, mybike, postman and 2 others like this.
  4. postman

postman Legendary Member

Postman has a new ringtone.For many years it has been the theme tune to Dad's Army.You are wondering why not from MASH seeing how my avatar is Sherman T Potter.Commanding Officer MASH 4077th.Well it's because of the theme tune,which is excellent.But seeing as more often than not i seem to be at the Doc's or visiting hospitals,i thought it wrong.
    So this week i am on Netflix watching The West co produced by Ken Burns.The theme tune to this is hauntinly beautiful,espesh when the extra voices come in.So thanks to my brill and tech savvy daughter,it is now my new ring tone.

View: https://youtu.be/BFPloBBTw-Q

5. Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded. Staff Member

My cough was/is very odd. I sound like a strangled weasel. Not being able to cough properly has been quite an issue.
    :hugs:

6. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

*takes a bow* :girldance:

Not a bad thing to be blamed for, dare I say so myself. :biggrin:

raleighnut and classic33 like this.
  7. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Then you won't want the goat's milk camembert that's ripening in my fridge then? :whistle:

Maverick Goose, Illaveago and dave r like this.
  8. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Ah right. Watch out for the weird and wonderful veg then. :laugh:

Gravity Aided and dave r like this.
  9. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Wrote down my recipe for gingered yellow plum chutney. This is one I *definitely* want to replicate... :hungry:

10. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

Well that went better than expected, after a week in hospital my Good Lady was allowed out today, just for the afternoon. I took her round her favourite hairdresser so she could get her hair done and have a gossip with her friends, then over a favourite farm shop for some lunch and a browse before coming home to sort out some stuff she wanted for the hospital. It's been a hard but pleasant the day, and with the effects of the cold and the bad nights sleep I'm pretty washed out, I got back from the hospital and went to sleep for a couple of hours.

11. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

My room to room memory is working really badly. Why is it that it's so easy to think of something in one room and forget it in the next?

12. hopless500

hopless500 Trundling along

3 p's time.....
    Prossecco
    Pizza
    Poldark (books)
    :hyper:

13. hopless500

hopless500 Trundling along

The coughing just keeps on giving :wacko:

14. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Gammon, mash & peas tonight. :hungry: And then there's the last of those Heston lemon mince pies for later alongside a :cuppa:

I regret only buying one box. :cry:

Printed out the most recently completed chapter of my Babylon 5 fanfic and added it to the binder containing the rest of the manuscript. I love keeping a hardcopy version - makes it easier to flick back through stuff to check for continuity etc. :reading: After 45 chapters and 400-odd pages, it's kind of hard to keep it all straight in my head. :surrender:

15. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

:hugs: