Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
On the upside, I've got rid of that bloody parcel from my porch...
The wind took it.

Actually, the bin is black with a pink lid. That's quite enough pink. It clashes with anything it is stood next to. Baring in mind that the houses and garden walls are red brick !

Ah. Yes. I see your problem.

White lime-washed walls kind of prevents any... unfortunate... colour clashes.

On the flip side, my school uniform was burgundy blazer, burgundy skirt, white shirt and a RED and white striped tie. :thumbsdown:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Did have a modicum of success yellow stickering in the Co-op. My little haul included salmon fillets, butter, yoghurt and a bag of ring doughnuts.

Fry-up here tonight. Bacon, saussies, egg, mushroom, tomato, beans and bread & butter. And a pot of tea, of course.
I've got some Lambs' liver, pork belly, pork ribs, sausages and stewing steak. The pork will go nicely with some Cajun seasoning and a bit of Aldi Bourbon y'all. :hungry: The cans of Red Willow beer in Booths reduced to 42p didn't last long!:addict:

I've got some Lambs' liver, pork belly, pork ribs, sausages and stewing steak. The pork will go nicely with some Cajun seasoning and a bit of Aldi Bourbon y'all. :hungry: The cans of Red Willow beer in Booths reduced to 42p didn't last long!:addict:

I'm having the salmon tonight. Just going to steam it. Will go nicely alongside the jacket tatties currently sitting in the crock pot, plus the coleslaw and the rest of last night's beans. :hungry:

Wish we had Booths in this neck of the woods... But then I'd be the size of a small house. :laugh:

MikeG

Guru
I made stuffed pancakes this evening, filled with yesterday's bolognese sauce thickened with some nice matured cheddar........but sod that. What really counts is the first mince pies off the production line, for pudding. Sensational! Lovely pastry, stuffed full to overflowing with homemade mincemeat (made with lashings of brandy), cooked to perfection and dusted with icing sugar.

I'll save some for you.

D

Deleted member 1258

I made stuffed pancakes this evening, filled with yesterday's bolognese sauce thickened with some nice matured cheddar........but sod that. What really counts is the first mince pies off the production line, for pudding. Sensational! Lovely pastry, stuffed full to overflowing with homemade mincemeat (made with lashings of brandy), cooked to perfection and dusted with icing sugar.

I'll save some for you.

:hungry::hungry::hungry:

I'll save some for you.

The mince pies sound positively lush. :hungry:

But I have eaten so much that if I were to try and have anything else right now, the excess would likely come out of my ears... :blush:

The salmon was beautiful. Was the Co-op's "Irresistible" lightly smoked fillets. Just did them in a foil parcel with a bit of salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon - 14 mins in the oven @ 180C.

Top Bottom