Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I went to the garage to pick up the van after a timing belt change, braced for a whopping £350 bill.
"Didn't we ring you?", the man at reception said. My heart sank.
"It doesn't have a timing belt.....it's got a chain and you don't need to get anything done."
It's not often that I've driven away from a garage without having to pay a single penny.

Edit: My sincere condolences to @PeteXXX and @wicker man.
That must be a first!
I, on the other hand, have just had a quote off BMW for a 40k mile service .... £698. I don't think so. xx(

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
It's just sort of damp and soggy here. I'm going for a walk in the drizzle to watch the park runners.
Hmph :sad:
Feeling sore and foolish :sad:
I've hurt my good thumb. Ouchy :sad:
Back to being completely useless :sad:

After watching some wet and muddy park runners, I continued my walk but
slipped on wet leaves on the steps down to the loop line.
I landed on my back side and saved my bad hand but the good hand took a whack, particularly the tip of my thumb which has bled under the nail :sad:

I landed on my back side and saved my bad hand but the good hand took a whack, particularly the tip of my thumb which has bled under the nail :sad:
Oh dear! Not back to square one I hope ?

classic33

Leg End Member

Sounds painful.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Help is at hand...
instant-energy.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs Postman and me,cannot believe our luck at planting those 84 little hedging plants yesterday,What a little window of good weather we had.It has persisted down all day today,had we left it i don't know what we would have looked like this afternoon,talk about strike while the iron is hot,one thing they are well and truly watered in now.

Day 5 of step daughter renovations....last week, removed all the wall paper upstairs, 9 hours, boy I enjoyed my pint that Saturday night!

Today removed the toilet, sink and finally the bath, capped off all the water, none of them had any isolation valves.... but they do now!
The bath was either iron or steel, not sure, but Christ it was heavy, me and son in law got out and down the stairs. I have never lifted anything so heavy, but a really good job done and the daughter delighted to see the 70's pink bathroom suite finally removed.

Pipe freezing kits, wow they are the future, so clever and easy!

Top Bottom