Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been under the kitchen sink for most of the day removing the broken kitchen tap. Standardisation ! Huh! :angry::angry:. I had to go and buy a new one as they don't sell that model in this country any more. We are getting refund.
It is a strange break ! It looks like it was a soldered joint until you look inside it and see that it was a copper tube. The joint is further down at the base.
I had to go and buy some extra fittings so that I could connect up the new one.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Probably brazed together.

MikeG

Guru
I've been under the kitchen sink for most of the day removing the broken kitchen tap. Standardisation ! Huh! :angry::angry:. I had to go and buy a new one as they don't sell that model in this country any more. We are getting refund.
It is a strange break ! It looks like it was a soldered joint until you look inside it and see that it was a copper tube. The joint is further down at the base.
I had to go and buy some extra fittings so that I could connect up the new one.

Hmmmmm.

Copper is soldered. Has it broken in the casting of the tap itself (in which case what you are thinking is copper is going to actually be brass), or is it the pipes leading to the tap which are broken (in which case they will be copper)?

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I was at the doctors today to get a prescription for meds for an ear infection :angry:

The surgery employs 2 ex-paramedics who deal with stuff that doesn't require a doctor, great idea as more people are seen although a doctor has to sign the prescription, only had to wait a couple of miutes.
Hope you feel lots better soon.

Lullabelle

Banana
Hope you feel lots better soon.

Thank you, the fever has subsided, the spray is working so the itching is calming down, just want the smell to go away xx(

classic33

Leg End Member
Huge, in fact: Titanic...
CAM01080.jpg

Ordinary Mars bar used for scale.

Last edited:
Top Bottom