Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Argh, hoping for an early dart, but a meeting has been put back to 3:30 - I suspect it will be later. Done 3 long days this week, and I'm on leave tomorrow.

Was hoping to get some veggies planted.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
You should be able to select your sound card and check if anything is muted.

View attachment 453679

This how it looks on my PC.
I managed to fix the sound on my new Linux installation. I started by installing the GnomeAlsa app and could see the HDMI sound output but without any controls, only two checkboxes. Checked/unchecked no difference.

So I purged every trace of nVidia drivers and their dependancies and reinstalled. Problem solved! Display perfect (I occasionally got a notification about running on software rendering mode - no longer) and the sound as clear as a bell :bravo:

Now I just have to get the Air Video HD server working properly... :wacko:

D

Deleted member 1258

I managed to fix the sound on my new Linux installation. I started by installing the GnomeAlsa app and could see the HDMI sound output but without any controls, only two checkboxes. Checked/unchecked no difference.

So I purged every trace of nVidia drivers and their dependancies and reinstalled. Problem solved! Display perfect (I occasionally got a notification about running on software rendering mode - no longer) and the sound as clear as a bell :bravo:

Now I just have to get the Air Video HD server working properly... :wacko:

Unfortunetly I can't help with the server, but glad you've got the sound sorted.

Lullabelle

Banana
I'm bored :sad:

D

Deleted member 26715

Rack fitted

20190221_171022.jpg

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Unfortunetly I can't help with the server, but glad you've got the sound sorted.
Thanks.

I am enjoying the speed of Linux. I know it sounds as if it’s taken me ages to sort out, but now it’s all working I shouldn’t have to go through all this again, hopefully. Plex Media Server works wonderfully and is now soooooooo much quicker than when run on Windows. Boot up time is probably halved.

Loving the Linux.

Top Bottom