Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well you really nailed that ride.

453949.jpg

It was actually a very big thorn - Canal and Riverside Trust had been doing pruning !!

fossyant

Out at a Forestry Commission site today with the family. All four of us have rosy red cheeks from the bright, bright sunshine. I walked around in a t-shirt (and jeans, boots, etc. before anyone comments!).

Wasn't it warm - I went out before 10am, and was a little hot on the bike. 16-17c according to the car when we went out after my bike ride.. I walked round a market in a thin top !

fossyant

Went to Longsight Market this afternoon, to get fabric for my wife to make our daughter's prom dress - lets say there are more fabrics available than you can possibly get in a store - it's like a massive bike part jumble, but 'everything' is there... It's a bit 'rough' around the edges, but my wife got some great fabrics. The area is a bit dodgy, but we found everyone lovely !

fossyant

Making clothing is dying in 'white english' background, despite stuff like 'sewing bee' etc. My wife's main hobby is sewing - it's on a par with bikes - 7 machines etc... but there are very few places to get fabric. Popped to Longsight today, only 6-7 miles from home, but loads and loads of fabric. Asian families still make loads of clothes !

Top Bottom