Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As a special treat, to myself, I'm going to buy a new roll of insulating tape.

What colour, though? Hmmmm...

He said he was going to blame us :cry:

Last edited:
Tell us how it goes.

And tell us more about what you did too, it sounds interesting.
How can I make it mundane? I studied Archaeological Illustration having to learn how to draw finds and things, but my preferred field was reconstruction drawing, basically drawing what ain't there with the experts advice according to what the current way of thinking was at the time. Part of the course was illustration which was a bit bizarre and may explain my strange sense of humour.
Right back to the reconstruction drawing! One of the projects I was asked to do by a client was to do 2 black and white drawings of a view from a photograph, but as it would have appeared 8,000 and 12,00 years ago. Fine ! One picture was just after the Ice Age and the other was 4,000 years later when the climate would have warmed up and plants and animals would have increased. In both pictures I had to try to include what evidence they had found !
It all seemed very straightforward! I was given a list of things and features describing what it would look like. I would also consult with the client on how they saw things which would include rough sketches so that I could narrow down what they were aiming for .
Scots Pine, Red Deer, Dwarf Willow ! The first two I had an Idea of but not the third! Apparently it grows to a height of 2:inches ! How do I include that in a landscape picture !
The first picture from 12,000 BP would look more bleak and barren with a lot of gravel in the river, which would have consisted of many rivulets with small gravel islands. The other thing would be that the perspective would have altered as silt would have built up over the years, something like 8 feet. So I had to lower my eye level to give that impression .
The second picture would be similar to present day with more vegetation , trees, Oak, Willow , Deer, Wild Boar, with a single river flowing through it , but the ground level would have risen by 4 feet .
So to produce an illustration requires a lot of research ,sketches and a lot of consultation with clients in order to produce the final illustration.

Top Bottom