Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Raining here, good job too the ground is getting very dried out.

A mate of mine used to tootle around in one of these,

View attachment 464724

Everyone used to wonder how he'd got a 'Yank Tank' that was RHD

It was Australian, still had the 5.3 V8 though
When I lived in NY my flat mate had an Oldsmobile Omega, not the most elegant car ever designed
image.jpeg

The silencer fell off on Broadway one day, really busy but I jumped out and bunged it in the boot. The trip back to the flat sounded like a squadron of Lancaster bombers. If only all car trips could be as entertaining :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
When I lived in NY my flat mate had an Oldsmobile Omega, not the most elegant car ever designed
View attachment 464765
The silencer fell off on Broadway one day, really busy but I jumped out and bunged it in the boot. The trip back to the flat sounded like a squadron of Lancaster bombers. If only all car trips could be as entertaining :smile:
The thing was with Richards car was from a distance it looked like a Mk 111 Cortina Estate but as you got closer it just got bigger and bigger, quite a WTF moment and then he started that V8.

The thing was with Richards car was from a distance it looked like a Mk 111 Cortina Estate but as you got closer it just got bigger and bigger, quite a WTF moment and then he started that V8.

Nothing quite like that V8 rumble...

Actually, one of the best noises I've ever heard is the sound of 20-something ASCARS coming straight towards me (in the photographers' cage) in Turn 1 at Rockingham right at the start of a race. Fab-u-lous! :biggrin:

Top Bottom