Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Almost bought an N+1 on a whim today... :blush:

Alas, the bike in question - BSA Javelin - was just a touch too big. It's roughly the same size frame as my Rouen, but the top bar, of course, is horizontal. :banghead: Shame, would've been a nice little project to turn it into a tourer as the geometry is more relaxed than the Rouen.

Parental unit is mightily relieved, she says you already have four bikes, why the blazes do you need another one? :scratch:

Never mind, the search for vintage steel continues. If anyone ever runs across a decent 15" frame with 26" wheels, do give me a shout...

classic33

Leg End Member
Almost bought an N+1 on a whim today... :blush:

Alas, the bike in question - BSA Javelin - was just a touch too big. It's roughly the same size frame as my Rouen, but the top bar, of course, is horizontal. :banghead: Shame, would've been a nice little project to turn it into a tourer as the geometry is more relaxed than the Rouen.

Parental unit is mightily relieved, she says you already have four bikes, why the blazes do you need another one?
:scratch:

Never mind, the search for vintage steel continues. If anyone ever runs across a decent 15" frame with 26" wheels, do give me a shout...
One for each day of the week.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just seen this pic' of 'Sly' Stallone.:ohmy:

AABW8x1.jpg

What the fark has he had done to his face?! :eek:He looks worse than a naff waxworks model of himself.:thumbsdown:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Fords get cranky about oil pressure, sometimes. Then again, you may get the oil plug out and nothing is in there. Look under the engine oil cap for white "mayo". If that white substance is there, he probably has blown a head gasket.

Oily plugs, usually valve seals or rings.
Could be overfilled too.
Exhaust will be a good sign, as you will get smoke on deceleration.

woodbutcher

Veteran

"Budgie smugglers" almost put me off my sausage sarnie :wacko:

Morning. It is light grey here but quite windy.
Ooh! There's some blue sky out the back !
I'm slowly getting over this bug. I had a better nights sleep with far less coughing than previous nights. Still sounding like Lee Marvin though !
It has affected us in a strange way. Feeling tired and weak and woozy, but with a dry ticklish cough centred around our throats with no runny noses or bunged up feeling ! :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Son had two female friends arrive unexpectedly last night. They had come from a local festival. Sat in garden with chimnea on. Stopped over on settee as a bit piddled.

Oh and they were in the hot tub for an hour or more. Full of grass, and back down to 29c. Shock treated the water (double chlorine dose), and put in clarifier, anti foam and PH plus.

Was thinking of changing the water, but it wasn't bad - just grassy !! My son had friends over on Friday, and I suspect I will have to change the water then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom