Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aha, yes, but here's the cunning part: when I use British teabags I can pour a mug and then refill the teapot.

It only works with British teabags though, German "tea" is too weak.

Besides, there's a limit to how much tea a chap can drink in a day and still travel on public transport without immediate access to a bog.

Yebbut you have to get up to do that. When I've got a full pot, I can stay put and sup tea to my heart's content. :biggrin:

Yebbut you have to get up to do that. When I've got a full pot, I can stay put and sup tea to my heart's content. :biggrin:

You underestimate my level of cunning: I pour the water into the pot, stir it a bit and leave it while I get my mug*. Then I pour the tea into the mug, refill the pot and take this and my mug to the dining room where I now have three (3) cups of tea ready to drink.

Seriously, If I was organised I'd be dangerous...

*Despite all attempts to make my brain organised, it still hasn't yielded, thus my mug is usually wherever I was drinking tea last night. By the time I find it, the tea is ready to pour.

You underestimate my level of cunning: I pour the water into the pot, stir it a bit and leave it while I get my mug*. Then I pour the tea into the mug, refill the pot and take this and my mug to the dining room where I now have three (3) cups of tea ready to drink.

Seriously, If I was organised I'd be dangerous...

*Despite all attempts to make my brain organised, it still hasn't yielded, thus my mug is usually wherever I was drinking tea last night. By the time I find it, the tea is ready to pour.

There is a solution to this.

A cupboard full of mugs. :laugh:

DAMHIKT... :whistle:

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Been catching up with you all.....

@LeetleGreyCells hope your daughter is feeling better.

I've had a very busy half term.
Starting with going with Miss K to see the awesome Hugh Jackman in concert, what a great show.
Next, it was 3 days visiting my brother and family in Ireland, lots of walking and a brief dip in the sea. Wonderful to catch up with them.
Then down to sunny Suffolk, staying with friends, more walking, getting sunburnt, oops, and swimming.
Home tomorrow.

classic33

Leg End Member

Starting with going with Miss K to see the awesome Hugh Jackman in concert, what a great show.
Next, it was 3 days visiting my brother and family in Ireland, lots of walking and a brief dip in the sea. Wonderful to catch up with them.
Then down to sunny Suffolk, staying with friends, more walking, getting sunburnt, oops, and swimming.
Home tomorrow.
The Midlands?

postman

Legendary Member
Ok i have finished not only the brick driveway but also my neighbours parking area next ours.Now all in all about six hours worth of weeding using a trowel on the pea gravel and a blade between the block paving.N ow this has come at a price,my arm hurts like hell.The forearm is slightly swollen and picking up the kettle for a brew is nearly a no no.Some form of repetitive strain injury.silly old fool.Mind you the driveway looks fab not a weed in sight.But today the last bit oh my what roots,it was harder,and the arm did not help.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ok i have finished not only the brick driveway but also my neighbours parking area next ours.Now all in all about six hours worth of weeding using a trowel on the pea gravel and a blade between the block paving.N ow this has come at a price,my arm hurts like hell.The forearm is slightly swollen and picking up the kettle for a brew is nearly a no no.Some form of repetitive strain injury.silly old fool.Mind you the driveway looks fab not a weed in sight.But today the last bit oh my what roots,it was harder,and the arm did not help.
What'd tha use if the arm was no help?

Whose arm by the way.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Good luck.
Doesn't really affect me. I quit all smoking a long time ago, with the drinking as well. But I think the taxes could be helpful, and if people around here get more mellow, it can only be an improvement. Landlords can prohibit it, as can employers on their property. And commercial drivers like myself can't smoke it at all. But I don't want some kid getting busted just because some prosecutor wants to be the next Anslinger ( Guy who started the hysteria in the first place, in the 30's and 40's).

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

Home tomorrow.
Thanks @Katherine
She's feeling a lot better and the skin seems to be knitting together nicely accompanied by technicolour bruising. Hopefully, she'll be back on the bike by the end of next week - she's certainly complaining enough that she wants to ride but can't!

Glad you had a wonderful time on your travels.

We have been to the Wotscold Water Park for most of today. It was hot and sunny and busy. There were what looked like millions of light blue Damsel flies being busy with one another. The grand kids had fun playing on the beach and in the water, some of which seemed to annoy their parents .
Off to do a Cherrished Car Day tomorrow. I will need a holiday after all this .

Top Bottom