Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'll take anything right now. But will see if a hot bath with lots of lavender bubbles will unseize them...
Have you tried some lithium grease?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I also found out today that another person very dear to me has come out the other side of some pretty serious health problems and is on the mend.

So yet another :cuppa: to be raised.

Actually, I'll go light a candle in Ely Cathedral. :blush:
Oh, so I'm not the only one doing that for people anymore. Our church does a very nce thing with fine sand in a wide wooden box with the design from the bottom of the offering plate pressed into the sand. Very artisinal, along with the homemade candles. Shame so few people light candles anymore.

Oh, so I'm not the only one doing that for people anymore. Our church does a very nce thing with fine sand in a wide wooden box with the design from the bottom of the offering plate pressed into the sand. Very artisinal, along with the homemade candles. Shame so few people light candles anymore.

It's a good way of giving thanks when you don't have the right words...

Ely Cathedral has a lovely carved stone bowl on a plinth for candles.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
St Matthews has two low, shallow wooden boxes with fine sand in them, on antique tables from the first church, one with an Our Lady of Walsingham, next to a life-size limestone statue of the Virgin Mary and Jesus in a 60's modern style, one next to the back altar from the original church, from where it was the main altar, and also a separate votive candle group back by an older style representation of St. Joseph. Pretty traditional for a modern church built in the 50's, but this area was very much taken with the Oxford Movement and the high church.

Top Bottom