Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm not quite hot,but very warm. I'd like to open a window,but I can't as last night I did so and this big freaky moth came in and I couldn't shoo it back out the window,:ohmy:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have set the east facing spare room up as a bedroom for the next few days as my normal bedroom is west facing and like an oven at the moment. Also I can't have the windows wide open at night due to the sound of the freight trains.
I don't hear them anymore, but they are about a mile away. Union Pacific, Chicago-St. Louis main line, passenger trains and some freight during the day and all container traffic and freight all night long.

I don't hear them anymore, but they are about a mile away. Union Pacific, Chicago-St. Louis main line, passenger trains and some freight during the day and all container traffic and freight all night long.

I'm right next to the Ely-March-Peterborough main line, although to be fair, it's not a terribly busy line. Sprinter-type passenger trains and a few goods trains. You just learn to dial them out, and they don't bother me, even at night.

On the other hand, if someone leaves a diesel generator going to power irrigation equipment, then I don't get a wink of sleep.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm right next to the Ely-March-Peterborough main line, although to be fair, it's not a terribly busy line. Sprinter-type passenger trains and a few goods trains. You just learn to dial them out, and they don't bother me, even at night.

On the other hand, if someone leaves a diesel generator going to power irrigation equipment, then I don't get a wink of sleep.
On the farm it's cars on the main road. At home it's cows in the fields that stand out. Not the other way round.

Even vortex cannons being let off, outside the windows don't bother me.

classic33

Leg End Member
Lexi has just caught and eaten a rather large moth.
That's one meal less required then.

Top Bottom