Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
:unsure::giggle:
No, it doesn't suit you!
You've not seen her new one though!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Yep, got it in one

You need to be careful, some 'Vegetable Oil' is Palm Oil or a blend with that in, I always go for Sunflower Oil for frying with Olive Oil and Rapeseed Oil for flavouring in some sauces or dressings,Oh and 'Groundnut Oil*' for stir-frying with Toasted Sesame Oil used just for flavouring if needed.

* Groundnut Oil (peanut) has the highest 'burn point' of any oil.
I know of a Chinese retauraunt in our town that fries the egg rolls in peanut oil. Far and away better than all the competition.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I know of a Chinese retauraunt in our town that fries the egg rolls in peanut oil. Far and away better than all the competition.
Only trouble is that some people are allergic to Peanut which can be serious/fatal. T'other thing is if a place is popular/busy then they can afford to change the Oil regularly but a place that's not doing so well will try to 'economise' by not doing that so the customers go down and the quality further reduces, a vicious spiral.

woodbutcher

Veteran
:laugh:

No, she'll be getting the box of chocolates I went in there to buy. ^_^ But resistance is futile when it comes to yellow stickers. :blush:
I've not come across a yellow sticker , it sounds like addictive chewing gum !

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
For anyone who's interested, last winter's significant dimming of the star Betelgeuse has been explained as a huge hot, dense cloud of material that was ejected into space from the star's surface that cooled to form dust, shielding the star’s light and making it appear dimmer from the perspective of viewers on Earth.

hubblefindst.jpg

(source)

Top Bottom