Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will post this here as it is too exciting for What Have You Fettled Today thread .
I sharpened a pencil earlier on today, just as I touched the model boat I was working on with the tip of the pencil it broke off ! :ohmy: I was marking out the camoflage pattern.
I wasn't going to let all that hard work go to waste so I glued it back on with some super glue . :smile:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Is there a word meaning, "to find something that you were sure was lost, but you found it when looking for something else"?

Long story short I did not have many toys living abroad as a young owlet. I think there was Scrabble, Lego (small quantity thereof)
two dolls and a very basic doll's house. The doll's house was, I think, left in which ever country we were in, as not everything could be shipped half way round the world. The Lego would have gone to my nieces. Anyway... there was particular game that I liked, that was in my Mother's house, but I could not find it. The last two boxes of things that my Brother thought I would like, including the two dolls, and various embroidered items were brought to this house just about the time that I was diagnosed with Cancer. I guess I must have just glanced in the box, at the time, and was not ready to examine the contents.

Today I had a proper look in the box and :eek::unsure:^_^ there was the missing item halfway down the box. :hyper: Its sentimental value is enormous, a bit like some people and Matchbox cars I expect.

In other news, the various items of furniture have now returned to their proper place. I now have a sewing room back, without the spare bed in it, and a bathroom without bedside tables in it. It seems much longer than four weeks ago, that they were moved around.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is there a word meaning, "to find something that you were sure was lost, but you found it when looking for something else"?

Long story short I did not have many toys living abroad as a young owlet. I think there was Scrabble, Lego (small quantity thereof)
two dolls and a very basic doll's house. The doll's house was, I think, left in which ever country we were in, as not everything could be shipped half way round the world. The Lego would have gone to my nieces. Anyway... there was particular game that I liked, that was in my Mother's house, but I could not find it. The last two boxes of things that my Brother thought I would like, including the two dolls, and various embroidered items were brought to this house just about the time that I was diagnosed with Cancer. I guess I must have just glanced in the box, at the time, and was not ready to examine the contents.

Today I had a proper look in the box and :eek::unsure:^_^ there was the missing item halfway down the box. :hyper: Its sentimental value is enormous, a bit like some people and Matchbox cars I expect.

In other news, the various items of furniture have now returned to their proper place. I now have a sewing room back, without the spare bed in it, and a bathroom without bedside tables in it. It seems much longer than four weeks ago, that they were moved around.
I can't think of one so in the meantime I'm going for serendipitous retrieval!

Right, one Grand Prix later, and I'm ready for a :cuppa: and some chocolate.

classic33

Leg End Member

Finding a needle in a haystack!

Rummage or Trawl?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

It’s an example of a quantum lost wave collapse

Top Bottom