Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Mizzle and drizzle all day, today. I did manage to sort my tools and bits out in readiness to regrout the tiles and re-silicone around the bath, tomorrow.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Well that's another day gone and still no angle grinder delivery! :angry: How can it take more than eight days to get from Leicestershire to Bedford? I could have walked there and fetched it myself in less time. It was despatched on the 5th and due to be delivered (by Hermes) on the 7th. Its probably languishing in some dark forgotten corner of a warehouse somewhere...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not really mundane but where else to put this?
I posted some time ago about a cyclist gone missing in 2017 on the A82.
It is now reported that police have found human remains buried near Bridge of Orchy. So far no positive identification but suspicions are high that they will be the missing cyclist.
He was last positively identified outside Bridge of Orchy hotel late at night intending to cycle home to Tillicoultry overnight and has never been seen since.

Went to a short oval motor racing show last February, and they had RC petrol-powered Superstox - racing them is a thing, apparently. I actually think it's cool, but I'm *hopeless* controlling RC cars. :blush:
yeah I wonder how I would be with controls in my hand. that old car that I had, didn't have hand held controls - one just set the front wheels & watched it run circles over whatever terrain you put it on. it was pretty fun because it was fairly unpredictable :wacko:

I have just put in an order at that place that sounds like a river in South America for four rolls of cling film, three foolscap lever arch files and some glue.

The Tesco cling film is beyond awful, and the cardboard roll doesn't fit in my dispenser. Now is not the time to footle around town looking for something that does, so bought the one that I know fits.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The local book shop is closed. I thought that would mean ordering a book from The River. In a phone call he said that I could email the details to him and he can order it from his wholesaler, who will then send it direct to me, and I pay after it has arrived. Very Quaint!

The last two nights I have been watching "The Pembrokeshire Murders". It is very strange indeed. :scratch: The Lead Detective is still on speaking terms with his ex-wife and he regularly sees his two teenage children. Then ^_^ one of his female team members shrugged off being called "Bimbo" and took it in her stride in the context. ^_^

Anyone else watching it? It is not one of these ramped up/sensationalist series of programmes. Last one tonight.

Rocky

Hello decadence
The local book shop is closed. I thought that would mean ordering a book from The River. In a phone call he said that I could email the details to him and he can order it from his wholesaler, who will then send it direct to me, and I pay after it has arrived. Very Quaint!

The last two nights I have been watching "The Pembrokeshire Murders". It is very strange indeed. :scratch: The Lead Detective is still on speaking terms with his ex-wife and he regularly sees his two teenage children. Then ^_^ one of his female team members shrugged off being called "Bimbo" and took it in her stride in the context. ^_^

Anyone else watching it? It is not one of these ramped up/sensationalist series of programmes. Last one tonight.
I've not seen it but am looking for a new series to watch....I'll give it a go, thanks Wol

Top Bottom