Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Explain the Brewster Buffalo.

Why? Just live with the mystery, dude.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Linux installed on my mum's old laptop that she wanted to dispose of. I'll keep it to play with.

And a parcel of goodies arrived from Veloforte for my son as they're one of his sponsors.

View attachment 569195
If there's any Zenzero bars (the ginger & lemon ones) he doesn't want, could you borrow @Reynard 's trebuchet and fling them in this direction :hungry:

That was an interesting trip to Tesco.

Grabby Guy swiped all of the meat off the counter before the lad had a chance to put it in the chiller cabinet - he had a whole trolley full. And not for the first time. So I gave him a piece of my mind (politely, no point in being rude) and shamed him into sharing with the rest of us.

Hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the bum.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
First time I've had a chance to properly check in here for a few days - work this week has led to a bit of brain overload.

As a result I've not kept up to date, but I hope nothing too exciting has been going on - kittens are still being played with, wood is being chopped, bins put out and brought back in, that sort of thing.

classic33

Leg End Member
That was an interesting trip to Tesco.

Grabby Guy swiped all of the meat off the counter before the lad had a chance to put it in the chiller cabinet - he had a whole trolley full. And not for the first time. So I gave him a piece of my mind (politely, no point in being rude) and shamed him into sharing with the rest of us.

Hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the bum.
Hopefully not in Tesco at least!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
If there's any Zenzero bars (the ginger & lemon ones) he doesn't want, could you borrow @Reynard 's trebuchet and fling them in this direction :hungry:

None of those but pretty much everything else. One of the team has a stack of Zenzero ones instead.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had a potato and meat pie yesterday from a local confectioners. I must say it was the best pie i've had in four years! :hungry:I'm going back to the place on Monday to buy another pie (might try beef and mushroom) and to tell them how good their pies are. They don't advertise them as home made,but they look like they are. A bit odd shaped and all look different to the others. Not like the mass produced stuff i've reluctantly become accustomed to. Some really cheap and horrible mass produced pies have pastry that is similar to woodchip wallpaper!xx(

Last edited:
Right, time to put the drawings away.

I've now got the rear projection of the Higman more or less sorted, plus the back half of the side projection (rear wing, driver's cab). There are a couple of bits I'm not happy with, but that's the downside of working with some pretty ropey photos.

Though there is a good online archive of old stock car photos, so I shall have a good delve in there to see if I can't find some better images. Not necessarily of the exact car that I'm planning on modelling, but of its type. I really need a good head on view, which, at the moment, I don't have...

Top Bottom