Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Watching Cheltenham v Man City.

The game has been suspended due to...

Fireworks.

Someone spent a pretty penny on a nice display though.

I am taking a break.I. have taken all the low brow newspapers off my tablet.You know the ones,Mail,Sun,Star Mirror I am sick of the rubbish they are putting out.Most of it is total drivel.Oh I feel better ale already.

I filch the newspapers out of a neighbour's recycling bin to wrap veg peelings etc before putting in the green bin, because I don't buy a paper. It's a combo of the Express and Daily Wail - it's garbage. Suitable for wrapping up garbage.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Been a trifle damp in my neck of the woods. I'm not affected personally but I really feel for those who have been (again).

Passengers for Sabrina would usually walk down two levels of the gangway to get on board. In this pic she's floating at the same level as the adjacent road.

Growing up in the '70s and '80s I only knew this kind of flood from history books. In 2000 the flooding was called "once in a generation". These photos from yesterday are only eleven months since we had floods of similar proportions and, if I haven't got it wrong, are the third highest recorded.

What was shocking was the speed with which it came up. A rise of over 10 feet in only a day and a bit.

Fetching wood in earlier today it was bladdering down with rain so I put my sombrero on and went out in my paisley smoking robe and clogs. Next door appeared at the gates to ask if I was getting a wood delivery next week. I could just detect the corners of his mouth starting to curl upwards but he kept a straight face.

Top Bottom