Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's "geographically embarrassed" or "temporary dis-location", never lost!

I tend to know where I am all the time, whereas I've known Beautiful Wife get lost in our village and on one occasion a two platform tram stop: she has the sense of direction of a loaf of bread.

On the other hand she has an amazing and mysterious ability to remember names, our kid's birthdays, and where she put her keys five minutes ago, all of which are utterly beyond me...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A good crisp frost now sitting on top of yesterday's snow.
Just about to try my daily commute to the kettle wish me luck

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Well... I sat up all night waiting for my home delivery that didn't turn up!!!
Actually I went to bed at midnight ..

I'll attempt to phone and find out when/if it's coming.

I do hope all the drivers managed to get back to the depot safely after what must have been a hard shift!!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I tend to know where I am all the time, whereas I've known Beautiful Wife get lost in our village and on one occasion a two platform tram stop: she has the sense of direction of a loaf of bread.

On the other hand she has an amazing and mysterious ability to remember names, our kid's birthdays, and where she put her keys five minutes ago, all of which are utterly beyond me...
She sounds so like me! If I even come out of a department store by a different door onto another street I am lost! Lol. I once got lost in a car park going round and round for ages before I could get out! However, I can remember silly things like people I know's registration numbers on their cars, and names of people from years ago too.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Should I have a coffee before, or after, I go into the garden and clear the snow off, and around, the bird feeder?
There's a charm of Goldfinches flitting about looking hungry!! And a waddle of pidgeons sat on the fence wondering what day it is..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bins are out ! MrsF had to drag them out.

I've had to decamp from the shedoffice to conservatory office as I'm struggling to walk, and I can slide my leg easier when sitting down, than in the shed. Asked MrsF to collect the laptop power cable, she knows what one is - she's used laptops for years, so brings back a HDMI ? :wacko:

Ooh! The ice on my car was thick ! I had to chisel it off the windscreen . The snow had melted and slumped down the windscreen yesterday and then frozen solid . It was like a bag of sugar that had got damp and then set. The temperature was -3 C .
It took a while to chip the ice away from the wiper blades which were buried deep in ice .
Finally when the car had de frosted I could go for my blood test . They had two stabs at my arms . The first one didn't have any in it . Perhaps that's why I've been feeling carp these past few days.
The doc will ring me up in a few days for a review .

Last edited:
Top Bottom