Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Got a trophy today, 8 years in. :ohmy:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Somehow, my little boy finished primary school today. He's ready for the next chapter, I'm not. A little weepy today. Endlessly proud of him, grateful to his teachers but finding it a little emotional.
You've just reminded me that the grandkids finished today and the eldest now moves on to a new episode at secondary school.

Grandson's last day yesterday too.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
My handlebar moustache attempt is coming along nicely. Accy take note, will look fab with a natty bowler hat! ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Lovely run out again at 7 o'clock this morning. Not a cloud in the sky and virtually no wind. No midges either as it must be too dry for them.
The water level in the lochs which is our water supply still looks pretty high so no shortage yet. We once went 14 weeks with no rain and the distillery supply was beginning to have problems but we managed to just get by till the rain came.
Got done over by yet another GP yesterday and he concluded that I do not have any signs of Parkinson's which he suspected earlier. The only thing he concluded was I had another fatal condition known commonly as Old Age when everything begins to fall apart. On the up side I have good muscle tone in my legs. Must be some positive somewhere.
Tomorrow is Games Day which is being held in a modified form this year. More like the games used to be when it was a local event and not an artificial show for tourists. Temperature is forecast to be even higher which means lots of burnt people I suspect.:ohmy:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Morning.
Flipping cheek! A garage rang me up in my dream to tell me our Vectra needed a new wheel ! :ohmy:
It was scrapped over 20 years ago ! :ohmy:
At least it was only a dream. My old Fiat had to get 3 new wheels as the originals were near collapse and would not hold air. The potential nightmare was I had just been on a couple of high speed trips 200 miles each way to Aberdeen before this was discovered.

D

Deleted member 1258

Lovely run out again at 7 o'clock this morning. Not a cloud in the sky and virtually no wind. No midges either as it must be too dry for them.
The water level in the lochs which is our water supply still looks pretty high so no shortage yet. We once went 14 weeks with no rain and the distillery supply was beginning to have problems but we managed to just get by till the rain came.
Got done over by yet another GP yesterday and he concluded that I do not have any signs of Parkinson's which he suspected earlier. The only thing he concluded was I had another fatal condition known commonly as Old Age when everything begins to fall apart. On the up side I have good muscle tone in my legs. Must be some positive somewhere.
Tomorrow is Games Day which is being held in a modified form this year. More like the games used to be when it was a local event and not an artificial show for tourists. Temperature is forecast to be even higher which means lots of burnt people I suspect.:ohmy:

Yes I know about this thing called old age, its highly annoying when you slow down and things stop working as the should. ^_^:sad:

Top Bottom