Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I travelled on a ferry last week and about 30% of tourists were not wearing masks. An announcement came out over the public address system pointing out that in Scotland it is mandatory to wear a mask on public transport. Most then produced masks from pockets and handbags and put them on. Ten minutes later the masks had disappeared again. What goes through their heads?
Probably a gentle breeze since there is nothing to get in its way :wacko:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I'm sure you are right and in many ways the request to wear a mask is un- enforceable for practical reasons so it has to be by consent. Perhaps a large screen showing a link to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ would help persuade customers . For example as of yesterday there would seem to be 37,960 new cases in the UK .If that isn't enough to persuade people to take basic precautions l guess nothing will :sad:

It's a bit misleading to show just coronavirus deaths and not show deaths from other causes alongside. Certainly the UK's stats have been manipulated to give a higher death toll than actually exists by confusing positive tests with cause of death.

Bright and blustery here chez Casa Reynard, although there are ominous-looking clouds on the horizon.

I have spent the morning re-jigging the fridges in the kitchen and utility room, putting away groceries and filling up the rather empty fruit bowls. I've also done some writing.

Afternoon tasks depend on the weather / levels of light. Plus I'm also keeping an eye on something on the 'bay.

T'is almost time for luncheon.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I travelled on a ferry last week and about 30% of tourists were not wearing masks. An announcement came out over the public address system pointing out that in Scotland it is mandatory to wear a mask on public transport. Most then produced masks from pockets and handbags and put them on. Ten minutes later the masks had disappeared again. What goes through their heads?

They no longer believe the government's lies.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
They no longer believe the government's lies.
I will refrain from giving my opinion as it is against the forum rules.

Sinus infection. Whole left side of my face feels like I've been punched. :sad:

$600HK, about 55 quid, to see the Doc. :ohmy: Be grateful for the NHS.

As a sufferer of chronic sinusitis for the last decade and a bit, I can give you a few self-care tips xxx I only go to the quack when I'm really struggling.

1) Acupressure. The two pressure points you want are (a) under your cheekbone and (b) the combo of the roof of your mouth and the bridge of your nose. You will need to apply a bit of welly, but that will help to drain the garbage that's stuck in there.

2) Steam + Olbas Oil.

3) Paracetamol (can't comment on Ibuprofen as it makes me throw up, so I don't take it)

4) Hot water bottle.

5) Over-the-counter steroid-based nasal spray for hayfever. Something like Beconase or the generic version (beclometasone dipropionate). That will take a few days to kick in, but it will take down the swelling.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
One of these annoying days regarding the weather. Look out and bright sunshine and bits of blue sky. Ten minutes later rain bouncing off my front windows.
Tried going out to shift some of my plant tubs from a front border. They stay there over summer but get shifted back to concrete path in autumn to give the snowdrops space to get through. The snowdrops are rather nice when they appear and take up quite a bit of space. Need to clear the weeds from around the otherwise empty spaces now.
Freezing cold wind so back indoors.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
One of these annoying days regarding the weather. Look out and bright sunshine and bits of blue sky. Ten minutes later rain bouncing off my front windows.
Tried going out to shift some of my plant tubs from a front border. They stay there over summer but get shifted back to concrete path in autumn to give the snowdrops space to get through. The snowdrops are rather nice when they appear and take up quite a bit of space. Need to clear the weeds from around the otherwise empty spaces now.
Freezing cold wind so back indoors.
That sounds like fretful weather to me. (Usual not a sea fret rules apply.)

Top Bottom