Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Kestrel, little egrets and a fair number of young goldfinches spotted around Pegwell Bay.
I used to live in Cliffsend, Pegwell Bay, near the Viking longboat..

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I used to live in Cliffsend, Pegwell Bay, near the Viking longboat..

Taken from the bench where I was having a little rest.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I worked on the hovercraft just below there
I'm very jealous! I love hovercraft and can't understand why they stopped them. Probably loads of reasons but a great machine.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I worked on the hovercraft just below there
I tried taking the scenic route and ended up on the remains of the hovercraft terminal site and had to double back. As all the buildings have gone, it took me a while to realise where I was.
My last memory of the hovercraft was being stopped by the police because someone from Leeds was wanted by them and he happened to have the same name as me.

Ah, the hovercraft were great fun. Such a totally bonkers way to travel, but a wonderful engineering concept. ^_^

Although you really didn't want to try and drink anything while crossing, because it'd end up in your lap. The ride was always a wee bit, err, bouncy... :whistle:

Jetfoils were really fun too. Again, a really interesting bit of science and engineering, but from what I gather, they always operated at a loss and were subsidized by the ferries. Unfortunately, they were killed off by the Eurostar pretty well much, because the jetfoils couldn't run in bad weather.

Oh yes, and the sea cats...

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Will use of the bog still cost more, or is "includes free use of bog" actually the definition of first class for Ryanair?

Thinking about it, on Ryanair the toilet may be the first class seat...

I remember flying Ryanair to Sweden & thinking how tired the cabin staff seemed, hoping that the pilots weren't equally as tired.

Top Bottom