Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
These just dumped the contents straight onto the track. You could see the toilet paper on the gravel, from where someone didn't bother about where the train was when they flushed them.

Trains where know for thier exotic tomatoes too....!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Very dark this morning but yesterday at the same time there was a clear sky and it was daylight. Misty and murky just now and still pretty dark.
Ferries have problems here in fog as there are so many invisible to radar yotties around they are frightened to sail in case they hit them.
In the more distant past in thick fog they did sail and to find the ferry landing a man standing at the end of the pier beat a tin tray with a hammer and the ferry homed in to land. They alternated this with blasts on the foghorn and waited for the tin tray to answer.
This sounds like a fairy tale but I was present waiting for a ferry off when this did happen about 40 years ago.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A story in the local rag about the crack down on drink and drug driving and most of the comments section is people giving out about it being unfair harassing drivers and saying that cannabis doesn't impair driving. :wacko:

My younger son used to work in Germany for a while and he came home regularly on a plane which landed at Glasgow about midnight and then drove to Oban. He was regularly stopped by police on Loch Lomondside looking for drugs and he got to know some of them quite well. He never had any problems as being completely clear anyway. Perhaps his old "airport car" looked dodgy.

tyred

Legendary Member
My younger son used to work in Germany for a while and he came home regularly on a plane which landed at Glasgow about midnight and then drove to Oban. He was regularly stopped by police on Loch Lomondside looking for drugs and he got to know some of them quite well. He never had any problems as being completely clear anyway. Perhaps his old "airport car" looked dodgy.

I think the look of the car does play a part. A few years ago, sitting in a car park far from home, someone reversed into the front of my ancient Peugeot and drove away with most of my bumper attached to their towbar. To be fair, he did stop, apologise and gave me money to fix it. On the way home, I was stopped, questioned and breathalysed by two different patrol cars.

Top Bottom