Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Grey day but currently blinks of sunshine. Forecast tells me different so probably showers later.
Need to take the sickly car to the surgery this morning to hand in some samples [don't ask ]. Then will spend probably an hour or two parked outside the house trying to reset the car clock ready for the time change.
Could get the trike out to go to the surgery but a bit of nasty climbing on a narrow and mostly busy street involved so cannot be bothered with the inevitable hassle as there is no room to pass a car.

It's Hoovering Day today. No Freddie Mercury impressions will be enacted.

Was he good at hoovering?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a currently dry Suffolk following yet more overnight rain. Looks to be quite breezy (again) out there and, as I'm off to Yorkshire again, it will most likely be wet later :smile:
The first coffee of the day has been finished with a decision to be made as to whether I have a large or small bowl of porridge as I still have the Greggs breakfast roll & hot drink voucher to use when I get to Ipswich rail station.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Meanwhile, sun, rain, wind, sun. We even had a brief rainbow.
IMG_20240328_090149113.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Quick bank balance check shows that both parts of my works pension have been paid in (last 'working' day of the month) but it looks like I've been taxed as if I was still working. I'll have to download the pension slips over the weekend and then get in contact with either them or HMRC next week to get this corrected.

MikeG

Guru
Well, he's considering switching to kilometres. He does that and divides by 10. His top speed will plummet though, but a 20 mile(Swedish) suddenly becomes a wee bit longer.

My daughter lives in Sweden with her partner. They planned a visit to see a relative of his up north. When he said the distance was about 160 miles and the journey would take about 2 days, her reaction was "sheesh, are the roads that bad?"

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Was he good at hoovering?

Screenshot_20240328-092834~2.png

Him, not me... 👍

Top Bottom