Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Our Town Centre Wilko is now an(other) East Asian supermarket 🛒

We've not moved on from yet another Eastern European one or yet another "Turkish" barbers shop.

classic33

Leg End Member
1711625593899.png

Something for @Andy in Germany, to consider for parts he might otherwise just throw.
Estimate is £100, and similar have sold for more.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:laugh:

No, it'd not be wise. It'd be a strain on the washing line......and goodness knows what you'd find behind it when you pulled it out.

The washing, on the other hand, will be fine, so long as you've got decent pegs and an eye on the approaching clouds.:laugh::laugh:

If there is a very strong wind, it might blow up the garden.

Then you will have a big crater to fill.

Mike_P

Guru
Suns actually appeared. Had a power cut this am switching the power off to the washer. Earth leakage breaker had tripped. Looks like a call to the washer repair if it happens again.

MikeG

Guru
Croque monsieur is so much better in the UK than in France because our cheeses are superior in every way to theirs, except in the marketing department. Our ham can be, too, if you shop sensibly. And of course my homemade bread is untouched by their white pap.

Discuss. :smile:

Anyway, lunch was delicious.

It's a grey and very blustery day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept OK-ish. Had a lovely morning walking around the playing fields and on some local trails with a friend and her two dogs. In a moment of excellent timing, the rain started when I put the key into my front door. It has been raining on and off ever since.

There are some domestic tasks to be accomplished this afternoon. This includes doing a load of laundry, emptying the contents of the ash bucket into the compost bin and going to furkle in the freezer for some fish for tomorrow. The intended target is a half-side of salmon, but will I be able to get it out without having to move anything else?

Anyways, it is time for luncheon, and someone wants their chicken.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Now pouring rain and bitterly cold.
Morning trip to the surgery went ok but a bit nervous with two broken springs.
Strangely it only took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to change the time on the car clock so that is one thing less to do.
Car is now virtually off road until hopefully the 8th April and I need it in the morning of the 9th April.
Not got much to do anyway apart from sorting stuff out either for the charity shop or junking.
There is quite a lot I could sell but cannot be bothered with people coming to the house.

Strange experience yesterday while waiting at the surgery.
Elderly gent who seemed to be compus mentus approached me after I had been addressed by name by a nurse.
"Excuse me but is that really your name?"
" Err yes"
" Oh I thought it was just made up"
I do have a fairly uncommon name but never had that reaction before. :laugh:

Top Bottom