Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
My alarm is set for 02:50 for the next two days 😔

tyred

Legendary Member
The forecast for today has been good but it drizzled all day.

Meeting with residents and builder did happen this evening. He was polite and said all the right things but I don't believe a word of it. In all my dealings with him, he's been a compulsive liar and just comes up with endless idiotic excuses for all the things he didn't do.

Had my poetry group meeting tonight, the first in quite a while as the organiser had been sick.

Only one 1/2 working day left this week :wahhey:

Ripple

Veteran
Drove half way to work only to find out that these 6 "Road closed" signs I passed indeed meant road closure. To my biggest surprise people were actually working ! Normally whatever company closes the road only puts the signage and forgets about it.

Then came to work to find out that all my work accounts have been closed! Wtf ... A colleague guessed that it could be a mess up because of another colleague retiring within days. Instead of taking all her access to work email, teams, cctv etc. IT dept did that with me. She's known by her nickname and my name is foreign so yeah why bother checking who's who. If that's true and I will disappear from payroll too I will be mightily annoyed. And having in mind that correcting mistakes take months and nobody's ever guilty I think it's time to look for a new job in case I will find out I "retired", according to work HR.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Whoops! :crazy:

I have, umm, 15. Well, it'll be 16 when the Eberhard gets here. And yes, except for my venerable Seiko quartz, which is now retired as it's got some issues, they all get worn. Not, mind, at the same time. An early 1970s Tissot automatic was today's choice.

Unbranded Chinese field watch with Japanese movement for mine, as green seemed to be the color of the day for me, and it has a green NATO band.

classic33

Leg End Member
Drove half way to work only to find out that these 6 "Road closed" signs I passed indeed meant road closure. To my biggest surprise people were actually working ! Normally whatever company closes the road only puts the signage and forgets about it.

Then came to work to find out that all my work accounts have been closed! Wtf ... A colleague guessed that it could be a mess up because of another colleague retiring within days. Instead of taking all her access to work email, teams, cctv etc. IT dept did that with me. She's known by her nickname and my name is foreign so yeah why bother checking who's who. If that's true and I will disappear from payroll too I will be mightily annoyed. And having in mind that correcting mistakes take months and nobody's ever guilty I think it's time to look for a new job in case I will find out I "retired", according to work HR.
It's the "new system" they use now.
One team comes out to put out all the signs, barriers. Another comes out to do the digging, another team then does the work required. Then another team comes back to fill in the hole(s), it won't be the same team that did the digging, they're too busy digging somewhere elsewhere. Then you get another team that, if your lucky, come and remove ALL the signs and barriers, storing them nearby, behind barriers, for another team to collect for their next job.

It cuts down on storage space required at the depot's. And they'll know where they were left to boot.

If you disappear from the payroll, because you've been "retired", will that mean they'll pay you for doing nothing/not showing up at work?
Maybe the person who retired will be expected to do your job now.

In all seriousness, I hope they get matters sorted out fast.

classic33

Leg End Member
Unbranded Chinese field watch with Japanese movement for mine, as green seemed to be the color of the day for me, and it has a green NATO band.
Black Cateye watch, bought 23 years ago for me.
Unable to wear a traditional one with hands as I stop them. I gave up trying to wear one after the fifth one just stopped. Digital watches aren't guaranteed to stay working either. Returned one to Elizabeth Duke, then part of Argos, because it was now running backwards.
Bought on the Saturday, back in on the Monday. Keeping perfect time, only in reverse.

Top Bottom