Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Black Cateye watch, bought 23 years ago for me.
Unable to wear a traditional one with hands as I stop them. I gave up trying to wear one after the fifth one just stopped. Digital watches aren't guaranteed to stay working either. Returned one to Elizabeth Duke, then part of Argos, because it was now running backwards.
Bought on the Saturday, back in on the Monday. Keeping perfect time, only in reverse.

Oh, I am not even counting the Cateye watches that tell your heartbeat as they do not register my heartbeat well, and I have a small bag of them somewhere around here, along with the cardio bands, handlebar mounts, and other accessories. I was given them as they were viewed as obsolete by the owner, who was having a garage sale where I bought some bicycle accessories.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Speaking of, I may be able to get back on the bicycle this spring or summer.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have the bit al the way from Thrapston to the Queen Eleanor roundabout to negotiate next Sunday - both ways.

To me it's a nice simple road , but the bit from Thrapston to Stanwick turn can get a bit frustrating if stuck behind a slow moving vehicle.

The Queen Eleanor use to great food but not been in for decades.

Give me a wave as you bear left at the Wilby island

It's the "new system" they use now.
One team comes out to put out all the signs, barriers. Another comes out to do the digging, another team then does the work required. Then another team comes back to fill in the hole(s), it won't be the same team that did the digging, they're too busy digging somewhere elsewhere. Then you get another team that, if your lucky, come and remove ALL the signs and barriers, storing them nearby, behind barriers, for another team to collect for their next job.

It cuts down on storage space required at the depot's. And they'll know where they were left to boot.

If you disappear from the payroll, because you've been "retired", will that mean they'll pay you for doing nothing/not showing up at work?
Maybe the person who retired will be expected to do your job now.

In all seriousness, I hope they get matters sorted out fast.

If one team closes the road how do the other workers get there? :wacko:

Top Bottom