Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Today's 73 plate truck has 117216 kilometres on the odometer and has taken me to a slaughter-house in Lincolnshire.
Hopefully, it will take me away from it quite soon.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ah yes, but you have a Carruthers to inform you when your next appointment is due and to personally convey all your messages.

I trust that Carruthers has an accurate timepiece.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I don't often have my phone with me as it's not practical. So a watch is a useful tool first and foremost, but if it also looks good, then there's no harm in that, is there? :smile:

And besides, when I do have my phone, it's usually tucked into a handbag. It's just far easier to check my wrist as opposed to furkling through all sorts of gubbins. :angel:

A watch stops your arm floating up into the air as well.

mybike

Albert Einstein's office, photographed on the day of his death, 69 years ago today.

View attachment 728062

'How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he sometimes thinks he senses it... But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people, first of all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness is wholly dependent... and then for the many, unknown to us, to whose destinies we are bound by the ties of sympathy.' Theoretical physicist and humanist, Albert Einstein, writing in 'The World as I See It' (1935)

That picture makes me feel better.

mybike

It's the "new system" they use now.
One team comes out to put out all the signs, barriers. Another comes out to do the digging, another team then does the work required. Then another team comes back to fill in the hole(s), it won't be the same team that did the digging, they're too busy digging somewhere elsewhere. Then you get another team that, if your lucky, come and remove ALL the signs and barriers, storing them nearby, behind barriers, for another team to collect for their next job.

It cuts down on storage space required at the depot's. And they'll know where they were left to boot.

If you disappear from the payroll, because you've been "retired", will that mean they'll pay you for doing nothing/not showing up at work?
Maybe the person who retired will be expected to do your job now.

In all seriousness, I hope they get matters sorted out fast.

You forgot the team that comes & resurfaces the road after the hole has been filled in.

classic33

Leg End Member
From a DNA test, and showing on the family tree of a known relative.
1713535329616.png

Top Bottom