Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Nearly out of Foodie Market crunchy peanut butter; aarrgghh - ! :cry:Aldi haven't had any for about two weeks - ! :eek:
Went to Tesco, some brand @ £7 / kg.; Aldi is £3.99 / kg. tub. Meridian @ £5 / tub, but contains palm oil. :dry:
So, biked round to three local Aldi branches and found five tubs of Foodie Market in the last one. Being a nice person, I did leave one behind for someone else - ! ^_^

Ripple

Veteran
Came to work to find out that all my work accounts have been closed! Wtf ... A colleague guessed that it could be a mess up because of another colleague retiring within days. Instead of taking all her access to work email, teams, cctv etc. IT dept did that with me. She's known by her nickname and my name is foreign so yeah why bother checking who's who. If that's true and I will disappear from payroll too I will be mightily annoyed. And having in mind that correcting mistakes take months and nobody's ever guilty I think it's time to look for a new job in case I will find out I "retired", according to work HR.

Update.
Got an email from IT dept after the issues have been reported.

1. "Your access to cameras hasn't changed so cctv should work" - I don't care if they should. They don't work. Programme is not responding. Is it so effing hard to understand that if I reported a problem it means cctv is not working despite what you think?
2. "There is a programme on the PC's called "Fix my apps" which may help as this will basically check that all the programmes on the PC are running as they should be and republish any that may be missing." - imagine taking your car to the garage only to be told to fix it yourself.

The stuff we as security work with includes some very sensitive info. Everything is under special permissions and even our managers are unable to make changes to it. In my opinion I am openly being told to tamper with it.

It's so unbelieveable that it's almost funny.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Set out to go for a walk from home as my car was blocked by a large van. Just got out when a neighbour appeared in a rage as the same van had blocked her parking space. We were conferring on this when another neighbour appeared to tell us it was a jobbing gardener working in her garden on something she could not manage herself.
Immediate revaluation of attitudes as we could both do with some garden assistance and the gardener was let off with a warning but in return we have his business cards so not all bad.
Back home it seemed a good idea to get the ICE trike out of the house in good weather. Having done this before it was fairly easy apart from the heavy lifting which I have trouble with but it is now inside a shed but no seat in case mice take a fancy to eat it.
Long phone confab with a GP I have never met. Basically they cannot find out so far why my bloods are not too good and are working their way through all sorts of tests.
By the time they find out something else will no doubt start failing due to inevitable old age.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Saw my first F35 jet this afternoon in Llandudno as it flew over, whooo

classic33

Leg End Member
Update.
Got an email from IT dept after the issues have been reported.

1. "Your access to cameras hasn't changed so cctv should work" - I don't care if they should. They don't work. Programme is not responding. Is it so effing hard to understand that if I reported a problem it means cctv is not working despite what you think?
2. "There is a programme on the PC's called "Fix my apps" which may help as this will basically check that all the programmes on the PC are running as they should be and republish any that may be missing." - imagine taking your car to the garage only to be told to fix it yourself.

The stuff we as security work with includes some very sensitive info. Everything is under special permissions and even our managers are unable to make changes to it. In my opinion I am openly being told to tamper with it.

It's so unbelieveable that it's almost funny.
It'll only be tampering if summat goes wrong.

Gwylan

Veteran
It was the Buildings Safety Manager who yesterday told me this could not be done. The people doing the work on the roof don't appear to be overly bothered about hyper-safety.

But what if someone accidentally climbed up the ladder and fell off..? Hmm, perhaps I should remove it.

Wait until they are up the ladder before you remove it. Condemn it on some fault and render it unusable.
Then leave the area for a few hours

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Third pick-up of the day done;

- First was two bikes plus some donated bits.
- Second was a double mattress. We also took the opportunity to recce the course for Sunday's Bradfield Bash road race as son no. 2's racing.
- Third was a single bed frame plus mattress.

We're now debating how we're going to get a double mattress, dining table and four chairs, single bed frame and mattress, bike stand, hoover and associated paraphernalia into son no. 2's Peugeot Tepee for next Friday when I'm taking it all to Lincoln. Plus some giant plant pots, compost and plants. Oh, and a big outdoor egg chair but that's going on the Sunday. It'll probably look something like this going down the A1

overloaded-car.jpg

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
UFO, what else could it be?

The sun yesterday was meant to appear around 5 and be out till 8 this evening which meant I was hoping on using the ebike but instead it largely remained overcast with a cold wind that has caused a chilly day. So it was the car that did the honours. Asda via Lidl. The local road works have at last reached a point where the temporary bus stop sign is no longer next to an existing stop - it's taken four attempts to achieve it. Must remember now to turn right initially, not left, as normal to avoid them.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Third pick-up of the day done;

- First was two bikes plus some donated bits.
- Second was a double mattress. We also took the opportunity to recce the course for Sunday's Bradfield Bash road race as son no. 2's racing.
- Third was a single bed frame plus mattress.

We're now debating how we're going to get a double mattress, dining table and four chairs, single bed frame and mattress, bike stand, hoover and associated paraphernalia into son no. 2's Peugeot Tepee for next Friday when I'm taking it all to Lincoln. Plus some giant plant pots, compost and plants. Oh, and a big outdoor egg chair but that's going on the Sunday. It'll probably look something like this going down the A1

View attachment 728172
Can't you get him to use a sleeping bag, on the floor?

Top Bottom