Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
That’s the beauty of National Theatre Live you get all the high class show but without the cost. You just pay about the same you would pay to see a film at the cinema. Plus it’s local and like being in front row.
Local is a relative term. London can be a £50 event for me.
Remember levelling up.

Mike_P

Guru
Afternoon work visit to Masham and thankfully went there via Ripon as the southbound A61 was complete gridlock for miles with traffic diverting off the closed A1(M). Consequently back via the minor roads and a few cyclists seen including recumbent. Black mark on the one who ignored the red light of a set of temporary lights on the unforgiving climb out of Hampsthwaite. Good opportunity for a rest I would have thought.
The sun appeared so after dinner the ebike had an outing to Lidl. Traffic seemed to have returned to normality although on the return the A59 towards Harrogate town centre was particularly busy and I took the first opportunity to leave it.
Slightly puzzled with Northern Power grid. They are informing I have a power cut and one of 62 properties affected. Everything is working fine.

tyred

Legendary Member
Another nice day here but rain is forecast for tomorrow.

Went to visit Dad in hospital who had a hernia operation this morning. Seems to be doing okay but still in the high dependency unit due to so many underlying conditions.

I probably should have taken advantage of the nice evening to go for a ride afterwards but my dodgy ankle is hurting this evening for some reason. I hope I'm not developing the arthritis I was told I had an 85% chance of developing in the next few years.

If anyone is looking for a chocolate recommendation, Tesco's pretzel & salt bar is just *gorgeous*

Was given a heads up by a member of staff, and she was SO right.

classic33

Leg End Member
Arrived in Leeds Station this morning to the sound of alarms going off, accompanied with a repeated message over the PA system that "it was a security situation, and all passengers should leave the station. Following the instructions of station staff".
The only problem being that there were no staff to ask, or give instructions to be seen. I got as far as the ticket barriers before finding any staff. Asked the first one I saw was it for real, to be told it was a weekly test of the system. I appeared to be the only person asking.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
When you are retired, you can do that steadily, not all at once. ^_^
It's jobs like I was doing today that I really hate which is why it's taken me so long to get round to doing it. As a result if I took a break part way through I'd never get started again so it HAS to be done in one go. Also with frequent rain showers scudding through during the day, I wasn't going to be going anywhere in a hurry.

It did give me an excuse to go out for the daily bit of fresh air as, once finished, I had to go out to Morrisons to get some more scrubbing pads to replace those used otherwise the post tea washing up wouldn't get done. A nice 4 mile stroll in a chilly wind whlle listening to another podcast.

Last edited:
that's it, then. 6:41 pm
641.jpg

Arrived in Leeds Station this morning to the sound of alarms going off, accompanied with a repeated message over the PA system that "it was a security situation, and all passengers should leave the station. Following the instructions of station staff".
The only problem being that there were no staff to ask, or give instructions to be seen.
that's because they already bugged out!

Top Bottom