Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Sun belatedly put an appearance on but didn't do much for the temperature so a chilly ebiked trip to Asda. Annoying sold out of nearly all 4 Activia yogurts at a reduced price with only strawberry and rhubarb left. Pack of the former picked up plus other bits and returned to find the ebike had a companion, a folding ebike.

tom73

Guru
Watching food network channel just had a clip of a new Mary Berry show. Called Mary Berry cook and share. The way the announcer talks and rushers the title. Every time you hear it , it comes out as Mary Berry cooks a chair. Which sounds like a much more entertaining show. :laugh:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A continuously drizzly afternoon was spent in the bike shed cleaning the frames and wheels of three of my bikes and also giving the chains a thorough clean and lubricate. As the GT85 was out (used as a frame polish on the TI bikes) it was also applied to the curtain rail in the living room so the curtains now close & open much more smoothly.

tyred

Legendary Member
Reminds me of a mate of my dads he was into electronics in the early days, his dad was able to get hold of broken TV sets. His mate had TV sets and part of TV's set up in loft and connected to the many ariels on his house. They all pointed in different directions and at different heights. My dad and his mates use go round and watch TV broadcasts from all over europe. They even managed to pick up TV broadcasts from Russia and Eastern Europe. Which given this was late 40's early 50's most people had no idea what was going on behind the iron curtain. My Dad use to say other than some of French none of them had a clue what was being said. But still found it interesting and fun. I still find it pretty cool being able to do stuff like that at time when mass technology was still in it's early days.

An old guy I used to work with in Dublin years ago repaired and sold TV sets back in the day.

One day, he was driving past a block of flats that was due for demolition and there was a skip full of TVs. He stopped and loaded up the car and made several trips. He stored them all in his parents' spare bedroom. His parents were away on holidays at the time.

A few days after they returned, a TV licence inspector turned up and his mum invited him in to show him round and demonstrate that they didn't have a TV... except they discovered about 20 in the spare bedroom... which took a bit of explanation... :laugh:

tyred

Legendary Member
Another lovely day here after a few early morning showers.

Parental unit visited in hospital and seems much improved from last night. He is likely to be in over the weekend for observation. Seems my sister has been phoning him to lecture him again and phoning the hospital and demanding to speak to doctors and nurses. Thankfully, she hasn't phoned me to lecture me this time.

My mum doesn't like driving through the busy roundabouts to get to the hospital so comes here and I drive the rest of the way. I must admit I'd rather walk there than bother with urban driving.

Top Bottom