Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Last week I got told my job referencers dates don't match. No idea why as they are no brakes in employment as they both over lap.Turns out the job application has saved all wrong and my work history is all over the place. So got asked to summit a full work history again.So I put a call into my old HR to double check. I've only just heard back from them today. Then I got an email back saying they can't open it so had to send a PDF only to find out i'd sent the wrong one. So after the 3rd go. They've now got it lord know's what they think with all this messing around.

Mike_P

Guru
Can confirm that horrible north wind hasn't wholly gone. Hospital visit day and the half 11 appointment meant a nice easy bus journey there changing onto the now sadly hourly Wetherby then Leeds eventually service. Meant no crossing of the A59 needed; the hospital is sat between that road and the A661 to Wetherby. Return saw the display at the bus station for the bus home saying 19 minutes for the next, in other words just missed one. So M&S raided during the wait for three bananas "paid for" by the latest free gift card. Possibly good job they had no ice buns as I was bag less and whilst the bananas survived the coat pocket not sure the buns would.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
IMG_2807.jpeg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Still dry but some rain is forecast.
Had to get the Kett trike out of my shed as it was blocking the doorway too much so it is now outside all happed up against any weather changes until I can get transport sorted.
The ICE trike is back in my car ready for use on next reasonable day.
Knackered now after a couple of days hard graft so resting a bit tomorrow. Cannot go down to Main St due to the crowds and I think a significant number of local residents have fled the island for this weekend judging by FB and the lack of cars in usual places.

It's a bit chilly for that sort of thing round here - as well as the garden chair I'd need to get the thermals out as well 😂

Will standing by the back door with a mug of coffee do? From this you'll be able to deduce that I'm not a gardener and too tight to pay anyone to sort it out for a while.
View attachment 728785

golf anyone?

Wifey confirmed we will have no tulips this year despite planting them & having same come up fine at my Mother's house. ours were all nibbled by wild wabbits! Grrr :cursing::cry:

tom73

Guru

Jenkins

Legendary Member

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice weather continues despite a freak hail showers earlier today!

Half-day at work, had a look around my favourite second hand book/assorted junk shop after work but managed to avoid buying anything. I even managed to avoid buying another Zenith SLR as he had one in stock. My willpower must be getting better.

Had a thirty mile single-speed ride then, deceptively windy. It occurred to me that my Raleigh Pioneer is celebrating its 30th birthday this year. 🎂

Dad has been moved out of the high dependency unit to a normal ward.

I went to see a Bruce Springsteen tribute actually tonight which was really very good. Now back home listening to boyracers again. I wonder what happened to traffic police.🤔

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It is easy to fold or remove the rear passenger seats which makes it a van with windows. Mine has been like that mostly since I bought it and it takes my trikes no bother and lots of other stuff as well.

The front seat also folds flat, which is really helpful .

Trip all done and loads of large, and small, furniture and other items moved. Tired now.

Top Bottom