Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
whoa! it does have an illuminated keyboard! what a dutz! there was a keyboard cover on it & I didn't even realize it. just thought it was a weird design choice. oh this has been a good day!

Gwylan

Veteran
Nice sunny evening after a sunny day.
Got out for a trike run which was hard work with no motor. The motor may be good in some ways but it must interfere with fitness levels. The road as expected was not too busy and saw a few touring cyclists heading south.
Nothing much achieved today. Made some bread which did not rise too well but it will still get eaten. My own fault as I forgot initially to add milk powder which does affect the rise for reasons I do not quite understand.
I did work in a fermentation industry for 20 years using yeast so I should know but somehow that knowledge escapes me now.

I know it's Thursday and somebody will have answered.

But there are sugars in the milk powder.

If you set your mobile phone to vibrate and place it in a pocket near your naughty bits you will get a smile whenever the phone rings! :whistle:

I had a couple of dreams in the night which merged into one. The dream was sort of based on the place where I enjoyed working. The dream was about a young chap who set up a new business, he was very enthusiastic about the company and was trying to make it succeed. The business was automotive/racing business trying to get off the ground. It is strange how it popped into my head after all these years. It was 1991 when I last worked in that field.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It remains to be seen where there put it but the road in question is about 12 miles long and is initially dual carriageway, then changes to wide, single carriageway with hard shoulders on both sides. The last few miles has never been upgraded and is lined with trees, barely wide enough for two hgvs to go side by side and has a few bends with very poor sightlines. That is the place where they should put the camera (and imo lower the speed limit) but more than likely they'll put it on the dual carriageway part where there's much less danger because that's the sort of silly thing the councils around here do.

They would probably catch more people on the fast bits so make more money from fines.

Top Bottom