Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dull day so far and looks like it may rain.
The dry weather caused problems near my son's house as the Moss [ mostly a large boggy area] caught fire and there were numerous fire appliances there. Worse was that the police closed the road due to smoke drifting over and diverted traffic up the Moss Road where I often cycle. Single track with few passing places so chaos and a massive traffic jam.

Today I have to go back down to the Calmac office to negotiate 2 possible bookings.
Life was never so complicated in the past and getting on a ferry was not a problem. It gets a bit boring but I blame the tourist industry for imposing this madness on us.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've learnt something today. In the four boxes of items I got given when I bought the Woodrup and Trek bikes a few weeks ago were some strange metal plates with grooves. One new pack and one old pack. Plus a lot of small nails.

I'm old, but I'm clearly not that old. They're vintage pedal cleats with nails:

s-l500.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a currently grey and very wet Suffolk. There looked to have been a bit of rain overnight and then it started up again about an hour ago and hasn't stopped since. Seems like I'll be doing some domestics today and possibly getting out the hair clippers for a bit of a tidy up.

The second coffee of the day isn't far off and I'm back to the normal bowl of cereal for breakfast after yesterday's full cooked one.

tom73

Guru
My new phone arrived yesterday at mid day! It wasn't a DHL van. It came from John Lewis in Swindon.
It is nice and shiny. I have got to learn how to use it . I'm a bit of a Luddite!
First think is don't worry you can't really brake it or make the space station come crashing down.
When i've done sessions for teachers on iPads and teaching I always say. The easy way to think about it is think of it as a box. The inside is the iOS which you don't need to know how it works. It just gets on with it.
The out side you can personalise as you like. That thinks like apps and what do with it and how the display looks.
If you've not set it up yet then follow what it say it's simple to get it up and running.
One thing which you can do is turn on auto update then it will just update as it need's.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/welcome/17.0/ios/17.0 Use this to start it has the basics and links into each iPhone model user guide page.
They are pretty sold things and will cope with day to day life. But if your outdoors a lot or on the bike i'd think about a case that's up to the job and screen protector I've used otter box defender for years on all my iPhones they've saved me a few times outdoors and on the bike.

My new phone arrived yesterday at mid day! It wasn't a DHL van. It came from John Lewis in Swindon.
It is nice and shiny. I have got to learn how to use it . I'm a bit of a Luddite!

a little bit everyday. congratulations

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I've learnt something today. In the four boxes of items I got given when I bought the Woodrup and Trek bikes a few weeks ago were some strange metal plates with grooves. One new pack and one old pack. Plus a lot of small nails.

I'm old, but I'm clearly not that old. They're vintage pedal cleats with nails:

View attachment 729412

Yes, that is what those look like, TA was one of the foremost brands. Are you going to nail them to some shoes?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Cat stuff for one cat (the small, friendly black-and-white cat) is packed, as this one's moving home today. He's going to live with his actual owner, son no. 1, rather than lodging with us for the past 5 1/2 years.

We get to keep, for the moment, the second cat. That's unless someone would like a grumpy, aggressive, large, non-house-trained Manx that eats other people's pets.

Top Bottom