Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Still hosing it down here.

First think is don't worry you can't really brake it or make the space station come crashing down.
When i've done sessions for teachers on iPads and teaching I always say. The easy way to think about it is think of it as a box. The inside is the iOS which you don't need to know how it works. It just gets on with it.
The out side you can personalise as you like. That thinks like apps and what do with it and how the display looks.
If you've not set it up yet then follow what it say it's simple to get it up and running.
One thing which you can do is turn on auto update then it will just update as it need's.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/welcome/17.0/ios/17.0 Use this to start it has the basics and links into each iPhone model user guide page.
They are pretty sold things and will cope with day to day life. But if your outdoors a lot or on the bike i'd think about a case that's up to the job and screen protector I've used otter box defender for years on all my iPhones they've saved me a few times outdoors and on the bike.

Thanks. I slowly starting to use it . My wife says it's similar to her android phone . We went to see if there were any cases in the market today but there wasn't a market!

Just back from picking up the parental's prescription. It is still raining.

Got accused of shouting and being rude just because I dared question why what was ordered was not in the bag. Sure, they get yelled at a lot, but I do resent the implication because I am always polite. All I did was tap the bag and say "hang on a minute, this isn't right." I didn't bang the damn thing, and nor did I shout. :angry:

I'm the sort of person who, if I throw a strop, you'll find breakables wanging past your ears in fairly short order.

tom73

Guru
Thanks. I slowly starting to use it . My wife says it's similar to her android phone . We went to see if there were any cases in the market today but there wasn't a market!
iPhone 13 like most of the newer ones can charge wirelessly it worth checking any case you do get. Is compatible in case you ever need to use it. When you get your hearing aids , set up is here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph470b1833/ios

tom73

Guru
Just back from picking up the parental's prescription. It is still raining.

Got accused of shouting and being rude just because I dared question why what was ordered was not in the bag. Sure, they get yelled at a lot, but I do resent the implication because I am always polite. All I did was tap the bag and say "hang on a minute, this isn't right." I didn't bang the damn thing, and nor did I shout. :angry:

I'm the sort of person who, if I throw a strop, you'll find breakables wanging past your ears in fairly short order.

Some are like that i've found staff in our local one are poor at customer service. One of the reasons Mrs 73 users an online one.
She once got someone else's repeat counter foil, she reported it. They investigated sent her a copy of it which basically fobbed it off.

Some are like that i've found staff in our local one are poor at customer service. One of the reasons Mrs 73 users an online one.
She once got someone else's repeat counter foil, she reported it. They investigated sent her a copy of it which basically fobbed it off.

This was the usual lady that mans the dispensary, and who is normally friendly and helpful. In all the years I've been picking up mum's meds I've not had an issue, and then the first time I question something, I get a right earful.

Maybe she was just having a bad day and I happened to be the one who felt her ire.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
After an dismal looking start to the day it turned into the hottest day so far with bright sunshine.
I took a trike out for a run but should have been wearing shorts and a lighter top as I was far too hot. Just a freak day as the forecast is not so warm for the following days.
Strange run as the road was the quietest I have ever experienced. One pair of cyclists who waved enthusiastically and a few people on bikes and a couple with a small child on foot who all cycled or walked past me and carefully averted their eyes. I just did not exist.
Managed to get bookings for ferry trips but not the ones I actually wanted. Nowadays you do not travel when you want but only when there happens to be a space. Not too confident tho’ as Michelle wanted my mobile number to go with the bookings. This is to send you a text message at the last minute bumping you off and telling you to go via Lochaline which is a journey I detest.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The guy is a complete plank given he's legally trained he's clueless. As to how his replies are an open goal for possible legal action later.
They are eating him alive, turns out no one else is asking questions. Most likely as the only way he can answer will incriminate himself.

The KC to whom I was referring, decided not to ask questions. Perhaps the Plank dug himself so deep a hole that he did not need any more help to make the hole deeper.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
One thing I have not heard mention of in the POL Inquiry is "exculpatory evidence". When they decided to withold evidence of systemic/system-wide bugs, surely they were breaking the law.

From a on-line legal dictionary, I read:

"When a prosecutor has access to any type of exculpatory evidence, he is required by law to disclose the evidence to the defense. Failure to disclose exculpatory evidence may result in a dismissal of the case, or in the declaration of a mistrial".

Top Bottom