Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today was an indoor day as it started raining around 9am and stopped somewhere around 5pm. Necessary (and some unneccessary) housework done along with a bit of bike related stuff, but as it's turned a bit chilly again I'm wondering if I've done the right thing in changing down to a lower tog duvet.

I did spend some time this afternoon doing a bit of research ahead of a savings bond paying out next week as where to re-invest the capital and setting up the new accounts. Then there was the fun bit of planning what to spend the interest on - a new set of wheels for one bike are already on their way, I've measured up for new curtains, some money has been spent on music at Bandcamp, other items have been priced up and a short wish list made ready for the cash to be in my account.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Went on a jolly to the Bressingham Steam Museum & Gardens yesterday. On the way, the team leader mentioned that there is a Dad's Army exhibition there. The whole minibus full immediately erupted into a chorus of 'Who do you think...' - ! :laugh:
Bearing in mind that the age range was from twenty to seventy, it just shows what a long term impact the show has had on folk. :okay:
The team leader then commented 'It's going to be a long day - !' :rofl:

Please remember, "They don't like it up 'em."

Just back from picking up the parental's prescription. It is still raining.

Got accused of shouting and being rude just because I dared question why what was ordered was not in the bag. Sure, they get yelled at a lot, but I do resent the implication because I am always polite. All I did was tap the bag and say "hang on a minute, this isn't right." I didn't bang the damn thing, and nor did I shout. :angry:

I'm the sort of person who, if I throw a strop, you'll find breakables wanging past your ears in fairly short order.

you must have gotten their venting after actual rude customers

One thing I have not heard mention of in the POL Inquiry is "exculpatory evidence". When they decided to withold evidence of systemic/system-wide bugs, surely they were breaking the law.

From a on-line legal dictionary, I read:

"When a prosecutor has access to any type of exculpatory evidence, he is required by law to disclose the evidence to the defense. Failure to disclose exculpatory evidence may result in a dismissal of the case, or in the declaration of a mistrial".

there are legal reasons to withhold it. I think if withholding it prevents another crime

Morning .
It is foggy here. We had been watching an ambulance across the road . Don't know if there was some kind of incident. It drove away slowly , no flashing lights.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
FB_IMG_1714800122403.jpg

May the 4th be with you...... 👽

Just back from picking up the parental's prescription. It is still raining.

Got accused of shouting and being rude just because I dared question why what was ordered was not in the bag. Sure, they get yelled at a lot, but I do resent the implication because I am always polite. All I did was tap the bag and say "hang on a minute, this isn't right." I didn't bang the damn thing, and nor did I shout. :angry:

I'm the sort of person who, if I throw a strop, you'll find breakables wanging past your ears in fairly short order.

Maybe you could offer to give an example of shouting and being rude, so they can tell the difference next time.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started off bright and sunny but according to forecast we are to have light cloud which is already creeping in.
Since it is dry I need to get the defunct trike down from the top garden and into the car tho' I am not scheduled to take it off island until next week. Easier than getting it up 2 sets of steps each with 6 steps. At least with the Kett. I have no need to worry about catching the chainrings on the hard concrete.
Interesting chat yesterday with a Customs & Excise officer who was at Littlemill Distillery. Not seen him for years and now long retired in Oban. Last time I saw him he had a retirement job at Tesco filling station in Oban.

Top Bottom