Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The short answer is yes it's partly why the court of appeal has over turned convictions.
That's a US legal term in British law it comes under disclosure rules of evidence. The inquiry has a number of times linked documents it now holds to examples of cases it has been using. This stuff trends to come up in the more legal "dry" days of questions that most press don't cover. You will notice that a number of documents got marked "legally sensitive" by POL. The inquiry has been looking at how they applied the legal test of none discloser to the documents. Remember unlike most court cases they hold legal power do private processions. (The only other organisation allowed to do so is the RSPCA) When challenged in court on none discloser they presented things in a way to prevent discloser. Or basically claimed it did not exist or covered it up. The legal company they used had only ever done defence work so often let the POL take the lead believing what they said about documents. The last few day have shown how it's staff messed up when things become clear what was happening.

You can in British law it's untimely down to the judge if it meets the test for none disclosure of evidence.
You'd have to have good grounds it not easy to refuse disclose. The only other form of none disclosure is Public-interest immunity or Crown privilege. The bar for this is very high and only used if the public are at risk or matter of national security. Only the state can apply for it. Yesterday the inquiry showed at one point the post office looked if it could get one. When it got desperate to cover things up.

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I do not watch the Inquiry everyday, and your background information is extremely helpful. I thought I might have got confused from watching a lot of "Law and Order" (USA and UK) television programmes.

For two years, I worked at a County Court. That was mostly Divorce Cases, small claims, and taxation.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
square? like NY Sicilian?

Deep dish square, but because of the cooking method, the crust and cheese get rather fried at the edges. Little Caesar's started in Detroit, and I still favor their Detroit style pie. We also have Jet pizza here, but they cost a bit more, about the same quality. Usually, if i want a slice of pizza, I go to Jet, if i want a pie, I go to L.C..

tom73

Guru
Strange. Just noticed the M&S Simply shop used a couple of 10% off Sparks offer, but they took 10% off the full price of the yellow label HCBs.

That can happen some times I've had them work with reduced items. Some offers in the conditions say not included.
Discounts are funny things and EPOS can depending on the total amount. Of discounted goods and how it applies the % it can turn the discount into even more. It can also mean some becomes free and if you're lucky they end up owing you money.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Thank you for your detailed explanation. I do not watch the Inquiry everyday, and your background information is extremely helpful. I thought I might have got confused from watching a lot of "Law and Order" (USA and UK) television programmes.

For two years, I worked at a County Court. That was mostly Divorce Cases, small claims, and taxation.

In the States, we usually refer to the process as "discovery", where each side displays evidence before trial, or sometimes disclosure. Very few of the press show up, but I found it to be very enlightening, shows the direction things will take.

tom73

Guru

You're not alone most of the PO legal team keep using the defence of having no working knowledge of none civil law either.
What makes the whole thing even more a legal mess is some of the cases and evidence relate to Scottish law. Which is whole different ball game.

Perry Mason would have got them off!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That's the way I would do them myself, but that is probably because that's how my mother always does them and I grew up with it.

I used to have a sideline farming mushrooms so we always had plenty for ourselves. Also went on a couple of Fungal Forays with a guide to make sure we did not poison ourselves. Very interesting and was amazed at the number of wild fungi which could be eaten. We finished each foray by having a bbq and ate our collections.

Top Bottom