Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well done
T'is an old un.

I am attempting to alter the position of a 250kg round hay bale so that it stands on end and not on its side. It is still in the same position as when l began this ridiculous manoeuvre !!

1715002121656.png

hope you're not trying these ideas ...

View: https://youtu.be/OHmJ_t2EneM?si=MjBTT_m1gimHlP5-

Meanwhile, back in London, it's a duck's Bank Holiday.

So a duck walks into a bank...

He waddles up to the teller and demands a big mac, fries, and a shake.

"This is a bank." She explains. "We don't serve food here."

The duck walks out.

The next day the duck comes back and walks up to the same teller. Again he demands a big mac, fries, and a shake.

Slightly aggrivated, she explains again that he won't be getting any food.

The next day the duck comes back, orders a big mac, fries, and a shake.

The teller is furious. "WE DON'T SERVE FOOD HERE, THIS IS A BANK! IF YOU COME IN ONE MORE TIME, IM GOING TO NAIL YOUR FEET RIGHT TO THE FLOOR!"

The duck leaves calmly.

The next day, sure enough he comes back. He walks up to the teller and asks "Do you have any nails?"

"No."

"Get me a big mac, fries, and a shake."

Rolled along an inclined piece of wood on one end of the bale, thereby raising one end will allow you to complete the job at hand.
Or just get a tractor, with a single spike on the three point rear pick-up. Lift it, twist it, then lower it.

not enough room to complete that manoeuvre , wedged in among more of its kind. Eventually succeeded by levering one end up by degrees ,shoving a block of wood under the raised edge and then with my back firmly plated against the bale l pushed and shoved till it reached the tipping point ...eh voila ! Now all l have to do is strip off copious amounts of hay and feed the blxxdy horses !

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
There's two pigeons attempting to make new pigeons on top of our swing seat.. 🥰🕊️🥰

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We do not have many pigeons here and the number seems to stay reasonably stable. I suspect the local sparrowhawk keeps the numbers under control. From time to time there is an enormous thump and a cloud of feathers descends slowly.

`Cloudy morning with a cold north wind but I did get out for a walk after treating my dodgy knee with iboprofen gel.
Drove down the Main St. and noticed a death notice in the usual shop window but nowhere to stop and then passing the cemetery the gravedigger squad were at work so it is a local funeral.
Need to go down early tomorrow as the bank cash machine is next door and I need cash. Handy for the shop with the notice . This window has been in use for posting such notices in the 51 years I have been here and goodness knows how long before that.
At my age I may well feel obliged to attend a funeral of one of my contemporaries.

Afternoon turned nice and sunny but still cold.

Top Bottom