Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rolled along an inclined piece of wood on one end of the bale, thereby raising one end will allow you to complete the job at hand.
Or just get a tractor, with a single spike on the three point rear pick-up. Lift it, twist it, then lower it.

Oh yes and l almost forgot , l do have a tractor , it sits in my barn hoping for someone to get it running :
75313AEA-7B2A-4A86-A855-53448062715F.jpeg

MikeG

Guru
Well, she's had enough time to think about it.
Any sign of an egg or packed bags?
No, they just produced two today. Four birds in their prime (second season), living in complete luxury, free ranging, healthy, well fed, mite-free........14 eggs in a week, plus one that one of them ate. They're driving me nuts.

And before anyone suggests the obvious, these birds have names, and our grandchildren would never forgive us. I've given up suggesting that it's time for a new flock.

Cat? CAT! We're country people. No-one has cats around here.

Okay, blame the cat from the Yuppie weekenders down the road, even better.

classic33

Leg End Member
No, they just produced two today. Four birds in their prime (second season), living in complete luxury, free ranging, healthy, well fed, mite-free........14 eggs in a week, plus one that one of them ate. They're driving me nuts.

And before anyone suggests the obvious, these birds have names, and our grandchildren would never forgive us. I've given up suggesting that it's time for a new flock.
There's none getting ready to fly the coop then.

Build a working model of this,
halifax_gibbet_ce_700.jpg
And "test it" on a rubber chicken.

tyred

Legendary Member
Oh yes and l almost forgot , l do have a tractor , it sits in my barn hoping for someone to get it running :
View attachment 729881

If the engine turns over, check the oil level, bleed fresh diesel through it and give it a go. An extra battery in parallel might be necessary to help it turn over faster and if it still seems reluctant to fire, remove the pipe from the inlet manifold and hold a rolled up burning newspaper into it as a pre-heater.

Make sure you have water in the radiator too. People usually drained them back in the day to prevent frost damage rather than use antifreeze.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Well the grass got done just in time for more wetness so, after an ice cream and a mug of coffee, out came the cleaning kit and lubrication to give three of the bikes a quick bit of TLC. This was followed by yet more shopping research ahead of the interest payout from the saving bond - I've got almost a dozen printouts of things to get tomorrow, plus another of a company to do the guttering clearance.

Top Bottom