Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Location
Felixstowe
Coming up to Milton Keynes on the later train to Burnham land as the original one was cancelled due to a fault once everyone was onboard. I expect to get in around 20-30 minutes later than scheduled so there will be some form of delay repay due. This after a slight delay to the arrival at Liverpool Street so no stop for a drink at the Euston Tap.

There will still be time for food and drink when I get there, but I may have to forgo the snooze before leaving for the venue.
 

Flick of the Elbow

Pentlands Water of Leith
Some breaks in the cloud this afternoon prompted a little stroll into the village, the bridge over the Water of Leith seldom disappoints.
IMG_4680.jpeg
 

Reynard

Legendary Member
It's been a warm, humid and occasionally sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well enough. Still somewhat snotty, but feeling a lot less grotty. Downstairs, fed the cat, made myself a :cuppa: and took it upstairs to do some writing.

Did the chores at a better hour. Put a load of laundry on, then spent the rest of the morning completing the excavation of the bed in the spare room. The old single mattress that provided extra height was too skanky to want to keep, so that was rolled up, trussed up with string, and shoved into the car ready to take to the tip. Hung the duvet outside to air - it's a feather jobbie, so can't put it in the machine.

Had a lovely luncheon of a cheese & coleslaw sandwich, greek yoghurt with kiwi fruit & honey, and a small pot of tea.

After, cleaned the sinks in the kitchen and bathroom respectively, bagged up the old pillows and mattress toppers for disposal, scrubbed some stubborn stains on the duvet, and then did a whole load of strimmering.

Safe to say, I am properly knackered!

Having a quiet evening watching the football. Food will be a bitsas with whatever's in the fridge that wants eating.
 

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Location
Felixstowe
Other than the train delays today has been another great day away. Not only did I manage to have lunch and a couple of drinks before booking into the hotel, a 15 minute post shower nap was somehow fitted in before going to the venue.

Mary in the Junkyard were fantastic and more than worth the cost and time involved in the trip up north to see them. More than lived up to their promise when I saw them last year and are the reason I've got a second away day later in the week.

A hot chocolate was had on return to the hotel and I'm now finishing off a beer before bedtime.
 
broke down & ordered a cpl more of thee saddles. I have them on 2 bikes & I also got them for the 2 adult kids & Wifey. we've all been liking them very much for years. I guess I tortured mine. 1 is held together w/ vinyl auto seat repair tape
saddle 1.jpg

with his one I use a stretch on saddle cover
saddle 3.jpg

our Son's is doing just fine, as is Wifey's & Daughter's
saddle 2.jpg
 
Top Bottom